Question

Upon returning to work, König and I start to act friendlier towards each other. We get a couple of weird looks from not just the team, but everyone in the building. The following Friday night,  König decides to kiss me in front of everyone at Soap's celebratory party. In shock, I kiss him back, and after a beat of silence, there's cheers.

"I knew it," Price says, even though he probably didn't.

Farah and Soap are excited for me, and Simon gives me a knowing look, and then nods at König.

I guess they're on okay terms now.

Weeks turn into months, three missions turns into almost twelve, and König basically moves into my house.

"Meine Liebe," he says. "You really don't mind?"

I shake my head. "Of course not, König. You're here all the time anyway. Someone needs to fill out the his sink in the bathroom." I lean up from bed. "Of course, I could always find someone else..."

I pretend to look around, and he yanks me back down. I squeal as he starts to tickle me.

Simon is still training me, of course. König allows it, so long as he gets his turn to train me as well. After I beat him in the fight, he's taken to showing me more ways I can beat him - I question his intentions, of course, because the moves could also be utilized in... a different environment.

Each day, I fall more and more in love with König. It's been what feels like forever with him now. We work well together, and it's clear that he adores me. I've never felt so cared for before.

Nine months after we've been together, König plans for us to get off of base for a weekend.

He takes me to where we're going to be staying. It's a little cottage in the woods, on a hill overlooking a beautiful lake. I clap my hands in excitement when I see the tire swing on the tree. It's gorgeous out here.

The first evening, I come outside after my pre-dinner shower, dressed in a pale blue sundress, ready to surprise König with my outfit.

Instead, I see a little picnic set out on top of a large blanket.

"What's this?" I ask, settling in. Peeking in the basket, I see the same meal that he very first made for me.

"A picnic," he says, but his voice sounds different than normal.

Confused, I look up at him, but he's not sitting next to me like I thought he was.

He's kneeling, an antique-style diamond ring in his hand. Not only that, but the diamond is massive.

I press my hands over my mouth in shock, scrambling to my feet.

"Flora Madden," König says, looking up at me with nothing but love in his eyes. "Will you marry me?"

I squeal, bending down just slightly to embrace him, kissing him all over his face. "Yes, yes, a million times, yes!" I say, and he gently slides the ring onto my finger.

He stands, then, and scoops me up in his arms.

"Ich liebe dich," he says, sitting us back down onto the picnic blanket.

Food forgotten, we spend the rest of the evening wrapped in each other's arms, tasting each other's skin.