Part 3

Lando's POV

"Alright, it's always a painfully long flight to Australia, so we will have to leave on Tuesday this time around, just to make sure the jetlag doesn't get to you guys. We will of course be taking the private jet, so no stress there. The hotel is already booked, everything is taken care of, just make sure you guys are at the airport on time please." Mark gives me a look as he says this last part. I smile, raising my hands in defeat. Oscar lets out a small laugh, giving me a clap on the back. "Alright, that should be it. Enjoy the rest of your Monday boys, I'll see you tomorrow." 

"Thanks, mate," Oscar says, standing up and giving everyone a wave before walking out of the meeting with a few other guys from the team. I stand up, walking over to Mark. 

"Hey Lando, what's up?" He says as I walk over. 

"Nothing nothing just wanted to check up on merchandise and stuff. I've got my helmet set and everything but I remember last year I had a custom jacket for Melbourne? I was just wondering if there was another for this year?" Mark furrows his eyes for a moment before realization 

"Ah yes, I know the jacket you're talking about. Um, no I don't think so, but there's nothing wrong with wearing that one again. In fact, I'd encourage it. If you still have it, that is." I laugh as Mark claps me on the back, leading me out of the room. 

"Yeah yeah, I've got it. It's hanging up in my wardrobe I swear." Mark just laughs at me. 

"Alright, buddy no stress. Now get out of here and enjoy the rest of your day, surely you've got better things to do than lurk around here with me. "I smile at Mark, waving him goodbye as I walk back over to my car, flicking the keys up and down. 

Truth is, I kinda of don't. I mean, there's always something to do. Someone to catch up with, something to eat, a new place to go. But, nothing crazy. No one to go home to. 

"See you tomorrow then mate?" I spin around to see Oscar standing there, holding his girlfriend Lilly's hand. I smile.

"Yeah yeah see you then." Oscar waves once more, getting into his car and leading Lilly in as well. I stand there for a moment watching the couple drive off, a small tinge of jealousy in my stomach. I kind of just want that. 

Is it that much to ask for?