Part 14

This morning started off the same as yesterday, Lando and I woke up, getting ready, and heading to the track. Today was race day, and I was nervous for him. I wanted him to do well, but I didn't want him to feel like I was placing any pressure on him. Today, I decided to go for a light blue flowery maxi skirt, paired with a tight long-sleeved white bodysuit. When we got to the track, the same guy came up to us, asking him to describe his predictions for today in 3 words.

"Po-di-um." He had said, making me laugh in the background. We had gotten to the garage, where he loved, and left me quickly, to head off to whatever it was he had to do. The race was incredible, and he ended P2. We all lined up behind a gate where he pulled up, jumped out of his car, and ran towards us, slapping his engineers and mechanics as he celebrated his win. He spotted me further down the line, running up to me and wrapping me in a hug, before quickly pulling off his helmet and balaclava and placing a long kiss on my cheek. I was shocked, due to the amount of cameras surrounding us, and the press that kiss would get, but he just smiled.

"I'll see you later yeah?"

___

Later was a long time. I watched him get a podium, spraying his champagne everywhere and running around the stage chasing Max with the fizzy drink, almost breaking his trophy. I just stood there laughing at him. After the race concluded, people began to shuffle out, all saying their goodbyes and doing their own thing. I didn't really know where to go and wandered around a bit before I found a security guard who after I showed my pass was happy to help me back to the paddock. I found the garage, watching people packing things away. I wasn't exactly sure where to go, or where Lando was, so I sent him a message.

__

Hey, where are you? I'm lost and I don't know where to be lol.

__

He didn't reply so I just put my phone away before wandering into the garage. As much as I had spent all day here, I was on the roof the whole time and hadn't exactly picked up on where to go. I was wandering around aimlessly, pulling out my phone every 5 minutes or so trying to see if Lando had responded, but nothing. There wasn't even a face I recognized.

__

Hey, sorry I don't want to be annoying I know you're doing a lot, but I really don't know where to be I'm kind of lost. I'm just at the garage?

10 minutes later

I'm getting lots of weird looks just wandering around so message me when you can lol.

5 minutes later

Lando? should I just go wait in hospitality or something?

15 minutes later

Someone told me you finished all your interviews 20 minutes ago, is there a place I'm supposed to meet you?

10 minutes later

I'm walking out, I'll meet you in the car.

__

I walked out of the garage after the last message, tired, confused, and slightly annoyed at this point. I knew how to get out, so I walked to the gates, scanned my pass, and walked toward where Lando had parked his car. I started to notice the fans surrounding it, all screaming and jumping around. I walked up to a fan in orange who was standing at the back of the area.