Part 5

"Ok everyone, T-minus 8 days until the event, and all the kids are really looking forward to it! Thank god, we finally locked in our mystery guests and we are all super happy! Of course, we want it to be a surprise for the kids, and some of you are blabbermouths so we will be keeping it from the volunteers until the day. " Collective groans echoed out from the room that was packed full of volunteers. I smiled, staring at them all. 

The hospital I currently volunteer at was throwing an event for the pediatric department, specifically for the kids who suffered from neurological or incurable diseases. Something like this was always funded by the hospital itself, so it was a pretty big deal. I had put up my hand months ago for helping to organize, ad had somehow gotten stuck right at the top of the decoration and planning committee. 

"I know, I know, sad," I say, stepping forward in front of Sam, who was my work best friend. She was actually employed by the hospital and had been my wingwoman in the organization. "If it helps, I don't know who they are either. But anyway! The most important thing is these kids! Make sure we are all here at 7 am on the dot to start decorating, our guests will arrive at 10 so we want the kids to be set up and ready in the hall by at least 9:30 so they have time to settle." I continue to ramble about the details of the day, outlining specific roles and allocating targets. I can't help but realize that I'm getting some weird looks from the crowd. Some furrow their eyebrows in confusion, while others continue to look at their phones, and then back to me. I even swear I saw one guy take a photo of me. "OK everyone, that should be it I don't want to lul you all to sleep. Have a good day!" I call out, dismissing the meeting finally. 

People begin to shuffle out, some lingering looks at me lasting, but then giving up and walking out. That is, until I turn to face Sam who is looking at me with death in her eyes. I laugh, walking over to her. 

"What's up with you," I say, grabbing a bottle of water and bringing it to my lips, just before it gets smacked right out of my hands. 

"ARE YOU JOKING!?" She says, pure rage in her voice. I stand there frozen in shock as my water bottle empties its contents onto the ground. 

"ARE YOU CRAZY?" I yell back, finally reacting and picking up the water bottle. She glares at me before shoving her phone so close to my face I can barely see what's on it. 

"YOU'RE DATING LANDO NORRIS AND YOU SOMEHOW FORGOT TO MENTION THAT TO ME?" Ok, now I'm confused. I step back, glaring at her and snatching the phone out of her hands to look at it. On her phone is simply a photo of me standing on a grass hill next to Indi from the weekend, black jeans and white Converse showing as well as my jacket, with NORRIS printed on the back. I scoff at her, looking up.

"You're joking, right? This is Merch, you idiot. Just because his name is on the back of my jacket doesn't mean we are dating. HE IS FAMOUS." I say matter-of-factly, before handing her phone back and turning around to walk away. 

"Not that jacket!" She says. This makes me stop. I slowly turn around to her once again, confusion on my face. 

"What are you talking about?" She steps closer to me, flipping through her phone to show me more photos of me, wearing the jackets. "Who the fuck took all these?" I knew I wasn't crazy. 

"People! Random people! Random fans that noticed YOU of all people wearing LANDO NORRIS'S CUSTOM MCLAREN JACKET that was made ONLY FOR HIM last year!" I stare at her in silence. 

"... Huh?" 

"THERE IS ONLY ONE OF THAT JACKET. HIS JACKET. AND YOU WERE WEARING IT THE WHOLE RACE!" She shakes her phone in my face. "Are you deaf or blind or something? What's going on? Are you dating him or not??" I push her hand away.

"Jesus Christ no I'm not dating Lando Norris, I've never even spoken to the man in my life. The jacket was given to me by Mick, he probably found it at a thrift store or something that's where he always gets his shit. It's probably just a rip-off or something that looks familiar and people got confused." I say, nodding my head almost trying to convince myself my words were true. 

"I don't know girl, that's a pretty outstanding rip-off." She says, bringing her phone back close to her face. "And it's too late now anyway. " I freeze. 

"What do you mean." 

"It's all already over social media. You're famous." She shrugs her shoulders. "Anyway, I have patients to see." She walks over and taps my back. "For what it's worth, I thought you were dating him for sure." She smiles and then proceeds to walk out of the room. 

"What the fuck." I mutter to myself, before grabbing my NORMAL jacket and walking out too...

Only to be immediately hit with cameras. 

Patients, paparazzi, other people I'm not sure, but everyone is snapping pictures at me. 

"AMELIA IS IT TRUE YOU ARE DATING LANDO NORRIS?"

"IT WAS HIS JACKET RIGHT?"

"HOW LONG HAVE YOU AND LANDO BEEN SEEING EACH OTHER?"

Before I can think I'm backing back into the meeting room and running towards an open window that happened to be facing the car park. Which also happened to be filled with more cameras. 

"What the fuck." I quickly ran out of another door without thinking, thankfully no paparazzi were there. I know this place like the back of my hand and run towards the nearest exit. I blast through it, quickly running in the direction of my car, ducking and hiding every time I see a camera. I finally made it. hiding in the backseat and pulling out my phone

99+ new notifications

"Fuck." I say. I unlocked my phone to thousands upon thousands of people who had already requested to follow me on Instagram. I have texts from Indi, Mick, my family, and random people from uni and high school that I haven't spoken to in years. I have messages from reporters who somehow got my number and have notifications from news channels sending me photos of me asking if this was the right person. But out of all the chaos and mess, one notification stands out among the rest. 

@landonorris has requested to follow you.