Part 7

"Ok. I'm stressed." It's the night before I have to leave for Melbourne tomorrow. I've already planned and mapped out my whole trip. I'll leave early in the morning, around 3 am to get to a cheap motel in time to freshen up then head to the meeting. Lando said that it shouldn't go for more than an hour so it will be done nice and quick, leaving me plenty of time to drive home,  straight to the event at the hospital. No sleep, but that was a sacrifice I was willing to make for my future career. I needed to sort this out now, and it needed to be done quickly before any permanent damage was left behind. 

"I can tell," Indi says, sitting at the kitchen bench as I frantically make my 3rd batch of cookies. "You should just go to bed and try to sleep." She says. 

"Sleep? But I have so much to do!" I say, gesturing around to the explosion of a mess I had turned our kitchen into. Not just with baking, but with paper and photos and folders. 

"Girl I'm not sure if there is anything else you can do. You've already forced Mick to photocopy the receipt he got from the jacket and send you photos. You've drafted and printed like 10 different press statements to release." She says, picking up one of the 4 folders I had created to bring to the meeting and give to its other members. "Why is this one from Lando's perspective?" She says lifting up the folder. 

"So that our stories line up. Obviously." Indi just laughs, shaking her head.

"Seriously, no one could be more prepared for a meeting that they aren't even running. Don't stress. Go to bed. And make sure that when you meet Lando you get a photo with him for me." She says, smiling before walking out of the kitchen. I sigh to myself, looking at the clock. 11 pm. I have a few hours to sleep so I guess I should. I pack up my cookies in little plastic bags to give to the guys tomorrow, (bribing people with food always works), and then place them in the bag I had packed with the folders I created only hours before. Nothing, I repeat, nothing said in this meeting should take me off guard. I was prepared for every angle of attack necessary to avoid getting sued and or publicly humiliated. Hopefully, neither would be an option. "Alright. Bed time."

_______

I was currently in the motel I had booked for the day in Melbourne. I was tired after the long drive, but still cheaper than a flight, so can't complain too much. I look at the clock,  12:30 p.m. I make sure that all the folders and the cookies are packed in my bag, before giving myself a once over in the mirror. I wanted to look professional, and intimidating. These men should fear me, (and not sue me). I'm wearing some black pants, with a white flowy blouse tucked into them, along with some platform Mary Janes. Gotta be tall. I walk out, grabbing my keys, and walking back to my car. 

The drive is short and easy, but reality begins to set in as I pull into the now-empty parking lot of the circuit. Lando informed me that the meeting would be held in the F1 building, and his manager should be there to take me to the room. As promised, a man in an aggressive orange shirt is standing near the doors. 

"Amelia?" I nod my head, offering my hand out for him to shake. He takes it with a smile. "Hi, I'm Mark, nice to officially meet you." 

"You too Mark." I smile at him before we drop our hands. He turns and begins to walk, silently inviting me to follow him. 

"Lando asked me to reinstate in you that you have nothing to be worried about, these things do tend to happen sometimes, and we are grateful that you are compliant in helping us sort this out." He says in a kind tone. I smile at him, nodding my head. 

"Oh, believe me, I'm ready for this all to just blow over." Mark looks back at me with an amused look, before leading us to a big glass room. Before we even get inside, I can see Lando as well as 2 other men sitting at the head of the long large white table. The butterflies in my stomach begin to take flight as Mick opens the door for me. I have been so stressed about being sued that it hadn't really occurred to me that I was going to be spending the next hour of my life pretty much alone with Lando Norris. Weird.