Part 6

"Holy shit," Indi says. It's been 2 days since the incident at the hospital, and the media hasn't let up. Turns out, the internet is a great place to stalk people, and somehow, just from a bunch of photos, people have managed to find my full name, the place I volunteer at, and even my address, as there are currently 10 paparazzi waiting outside our apartment. 

"This is bad, right? I know this is bad. I'm never going to get a job as a respectable Sonographer if all people think of when they see me is that girl who is dating Lando Norris. ITS NOT EVEN TRUE!" I throw my body back onto the couch as Indi continues to scroll through thousands upon thousands of follow notifications on Instagram. "I thought that hiding out for a couple of days would make it go away but NO!" I say. Creeping over to the window and peaking out of the blind to see the cameramen all waiting. "This is the worst." 

"I mean, it could be worse," Indi says. I death stare her. "Look, Lando or McLaren are yet to say anything about it. At least he didn't deny you outright!" She says. 

"I think I honestly would've preferred that. How come he hasn't come out and denied the fact that he is not dating this random girl he has never met before?" Indi shrugs. 

"I don't know, I think it's more complicated than that." As she ends her sentence, my phone pings again. "Ah, there he is again." Lando Norris has re-requested me on Instagram at least 10 times in these past few days. 

"Jesus can't the man take a hint," I say, picking up my phone and deleting the request. 

"Amelia, you're being a bit dramatic. Maybe the man just wants to talk to you and ask what happened?" She says, crossing her legs and facing me on the couch. 

"Lies. All lies. He probably thinks I'm an ultimate psychopath who made an exact copy of his personal F1 jacket and wore it around to try and get people to take photos of me so that I would get famous. He probably wants to sue me or something. I DON'T HAVE THE MONEY FOR THAT!" I say, burying my head into a pillow. Indi sighs. 

"I'm sure he has better things to do than sue some random girl for wearing his jacket." She states. I lift my head up momentarily. 

"incorrect, Beyonce sued her Ex-husband for wasting her time. And she won. There have been weirder court cases." Indi sighs again. Her phone dings. 

"OH SHIT!" She says, slapping her hand across her mouth. 

"What?" I say, lifting my head up from the couch. She looks up at me with shock in her eyes, before trying to bury the emotion. 

"Nothing. Nothing. Dont worry. Go back to having a pity party." She swiftly gets up off the couch and starts frantically typing on her phone. I lift my eyebrows up in suspicion, before following her around. 

"What? What is it?" I say trying to look over her shoulder. 

"NOTHING GO AWAY!" She says, beginning to run. On instinct, I tackle her to the ground and begin to wrestle her. 

"I JUST WANNA SEE WHAT IT IS!" I yell. Finally, I managed to pry the phone out of her hand. "OH MY GOD INDI!" On her screen is none other than a DM from Lando Norris Himself. 

 @ LandoNorris
Hi there, this is Lando. I hope I have the right person, 
but are you the lady standing next to Amelia in those recent photos?
I'm only asking this because I can't seem to get ahold of her.
I'm not sure if something is wrong or if I'm requesting the right
account but it doesn't seem that I've been accepted. I was just
wondering if you were her, that you could let Amelia know that
my team and I would love to organize some sort of meeting to
sort out this whole mess? 

Thanks,
Lando Norris.

"OH MY GOD NO," I say. Indi snatches the phone out of my hand before I can do anything. 

"STOP!" She yells. I freeze in my position on the ground as she clamors out from underneath me and holds her hand against my head. "Jesus Christ. Calm. Down. This is good. This gives us an opportunity to sus out what it is exactly he wants from you, without you accepting him in the first place." I pause, dam she is right. I clamor up as well and we jump onto the couch, facing each other.

"It's kind of funny that he thought he was requesting the wrong account, not the fact that maybe I just didn't want to accept his Instagram request." I smile. Indi laughs 

 "He is famous, he probably never gets rejected. What should I write?" 

@IndiRoseJade
Hi Lando, This is Indi from the photos. I'm Amelia's cousin.
I'm not in contact with her right now, she is away on business,
but I can send her a message. Do you mind me asking what
exactly the meeting is about? I can confirm that she did not
know what exactly that jacket meant, and she simply received
it as a gift from one of our friends. I assume she would be more
than happy to comply with whatever social media needs you have.
Thanks,
Indi Rose

"Not bad not bad," I say nodding my head as Indi hits send. 

"AHAH! He is responding so quickly!" She says excitedly. I jump over her and look over her shoulder. 

 @LandoNorris
Thank god! I was getting worried I'd never find her!
I reread that and I can see how that might sound scary
 haha that's not what I meant. We just wanna run some PR
 stuff through with her and talk about how to handle this.
 No damage done to her at all. It's my fault, after all, she
should be allowed to wear a jacket without being hounded
 by social media. Me and the team are actually still in Melbourne
 so that makes it easier. Just let me know when you're free and we will schedule a time. 

"Oh god kill me he thinks we live in Melbourne," I say. She laughs though, shutting off her phone. 

"See? He doesn't want to sue you. Now add him back and work this out yourselves." She says. I groan before opening my own phone and finding yet another request from Lano. This time, I accept it. 

 @amelia_call
Hi, I'm so sorry for not accepting your request sooner. My cousin just informed me that you messaged her. I'm more than happy to meet with you and your team. I just wanted to say sorry for all this, I was completely unaware. I'm free for the next few days so anytime works.
Sorry again x

@LandoNorris
Hey, no sweat I can imagine how you would be feeling. If Monday works for you that would be great. 1 pm? It will just be me, my manager, and the PR specialist we have on the team so nothing too intimidating. Don't be sorry, it's not your fault I'm sure you didn't do it on purpose. 

@amelia_call
Awesome. I'll see you then.

"FUCK! Ok, so it's booked. But it's in Melbourne. I don't have money for a ticket so I'm going to have to drive. Petrol will be expensive but less than a ticket so I'll be ok. I'll have to leave tomorrow around noon." I call out to Indi who had made her way into the kitchen. 

"Ok sounds good. Want me to come?" She asks, walking back in.

"No, it's ok, too much stress with two people." She nods her head. Silence fills the air between us before Indi breaks it again, 

"You kinda agree this feels weird, right?" She asks. 

"Um, yes. This is crazy." 

"no no, not like that. Like I mean yeah this is crazy, a famous F1 driver is messaging us and shit, but I mean like, what a fucking coincidence right? Like what are the odds that the first race you go to in years, wearing some random jacket, just happens to be the exact one that Lando decided to wear that day? I don't know about you, but I think the universe is at play here. It wants you two together." 

"Oh shut up."

"I'm being serious! I can feel it in my nuggets." Indi taps her belly before standing up and walking towards her bedroom. 

Surely she can't be right. Right?