Part 12

Talk.

That's what we did.

We tried to rest, we really did. I went and got changed into pajamas, and then came back out to Lando, who had swapped his jeans for an oversized pair of sweats I had. We flipped on a movie and cuddled up under a blanket. I soaked in the closeness of him, squeezing myself underneath his arm and resting my head wherever it fit. On his shoulder, on his chest, in his lap.

Eventually, after continuously missing the plot of the movie because we were chatting so much, we opted to pause it and just talk. And talk we did.

We talked about everything. We talked about ourselves, our hobbies, our passions, our favorite things. We talked about things we hated, people we hated, things we knew that we shouldn't know, and things we didn't know that we definitely should. I learned that Lando was horrible in school and he learned that I detested physical activity, but loved going for walks. He learned that I was horrible at recalling dates and names, but I never forgot a face, and I learned that he had a habit of picking a fan out in the crowd every race and picturing what it would be like to get to know them.

"What do you think about?" I ask, my head hanging upside-down off the couch, whilst Lando does the same next to me.

"I don't know. Anything really. Sometimes, if it's a guy, I picture us going out for lunch, going to a football game, or going golfing together. I imagine that we would talk about our wives or our kids. Sometimes, if it's a girl, and I hate to admit it but I normally pick an attractive girl, I picture what it would be like to be dating her. Or, really anyone for that matter. Someone that I could walk up to after a race, and hug, whispering how much I love them, giving them a kiss before going back off. Someone that, no matter what I placed, no matter who I was, would always be there. Someone I could always rely on, and come back to. No matter what."

We continued to talk, becoming more and more lose about the stories and information we were sharing.

"What?" He yelled, kicking his feet and kicking my face in the process. I slap his feet away, kicking mine so that he would get a taste of his own medicine. We were lying on the couch head to toe.

"Shut up!" I screamed, which made him sit up and begin to poke my stomach. I moved and tried to squirm away before he got me in the exact right spot. Before I could stop myself, the most horrific snort laugh exited my mouth. Lando froze and I slapped my hands across my mouth in horror.

"Oh, my god. You actually do snort when someone tickles you." He goes in again before I jump up, grabbing the blanket and taking it with me, running over to the other side of the small coffee table.

"Don't you dare. I already regret telling you that. I know that will haunt me." Lando just laughed before lying back down.

I'm not exactly sure when we fell asleep, somewhere between talking about our families and taking a BuzzFeed quiz to discover what Harry Potter house Lando was a part of, (Hufflepuff). But I was woken up by soft sunlight filtering in through the not-closed blinds in my lounge room. I hear a groan and go to turn my head, only to realize that I was locked up in Lando's arms, (his shirtless and very exposed arms). He was behind me, spooning me on the skinny lounge, holding me close enough so that I wouldn't fall off. The blanket pooled around our feet, and our tangled legs hung half off the couch. I giggled, opening Lando's arm cage and sitting up, stretching my arms, before going to check my phone.

"HOLY SHIT LANDO ITS 3 PM YOUR FLIGHT IS IN 2 HOURS!" Lando springs up as if he was never asleep and immediately begins running around. I do the same, running to the bathroom putting some toothpaste on my brush, and grabbing my hairbrush before running back out to see Lando tripping over himself trying to pull his jeans back on. His phone falls out of his pocket in the process, and he picks it up to see the hundreds of messages and missed calls he had waiting.