Part 8

"Here we are," Mick says. The car that he picked me up in from my motel pulls up on the tarmac, right in front of the nicest-looking private jet I'd ever seen in my whole life. I have never, ever been on a private jet before, so this is definitely a bucket list item for me. Although, for some reason, I wasn't expecting a seat on their jet. I thought they meant they'd buy me a ticket for a normal airplane.

"Are you sure this is ok? I'm more than happy to just fly economy." I say, turning to Mick as he turns the car off. He shakes his head.

"It's no sweat at all, we have spare seats anyway, so no point getting you a separate ticket." Spare seats? They have a pretty big team, don't they? How do they have spare seats?

"If you're sure. Wow," I say, getting out of the car as Mick does as well, handing the keys to someone who was waiting there, as other people open the boot to get our suitcases out. I walk over to them. "Thank you but I've got it," I say, picking up my duffle bags from one of the men. They nod their head kindly at me before continuing with Mick's bags. I see Lando, Andrea, and a few other people I don't recognize all standing in front of the plane, waiting for it to be ready I assume. The door opens and most of the guys walk in, except Lando. He has noticed Mick and I pull up and stand there waiting for us. This is the first time I've seen him not wearing orange. He is wearing a black jumper and some black sweatpants. He has on some nice white designer-looking sneakers, and a silver chain necklace pokes out from the top of his hoodie, as well as some rope-looking one.

"Hey again." He states as Mick and I walk over. He hasn't yet broken eye contact with me, and steps in as we get close. Is he going to hug me? Without thinking I just stick my hand out again for him to shake. There is a momentary pause in his movements, but he swiftly recovers as he takes my hand, shaking it.

"Hey. Thank you for this, by the way, this is awesome." I look back at the plane, taking it in.

"Yeah, it is pretty cool huh? Is this your first time being on a private jet?"Lando asks. I give him a look.

"You're joking, right? Yes, it is." He just laughs and gestures for me to walk up the steps into the plane. I happily oblige, stepping towards them as Lando and Mick greet me. I walk into the plane and my jaw drops. Cream-coloured leather seating and interior fills the whole thing, with polished wood accents. The whole cabin is filled with warm low-yellow lighting, which makes it feel more homey and comfortable, yet still very spacious. "Jesus, " I whisper to myself. I see most of the guys have gravitated toward the front of the plane, with them taking up a couple of the seats already. I don't want to get in anyone's way, so I quickly turn and take the seat closest to the entrance.

"Are you sure you want to sit there?" Lando says, walking next to the seat. I smile.

"Yep, I'm all good here. I don't want to get in anyone's way." I say. He furrows his brows.

"It's really no big deal you can sit closer-" I cut him off.

"No, really it is ok. I'm closer to the toilet here anyway and I prefer that than having to walk in front of everyone to go to the bathroom." A lame excuse I admit, but Lando seems to accept it when he gives me a slightly odd but knowing smile before walking further down the plane and taking a seat. I feel like an imposter right now. These guys are a part of a famous F1 team, all with thousands of followers. People would KILL to be where I am right now, but I can't help but feel EXTREMELY awkward. I really don't belong here and it's starting to hit me.

"Are you ok?" A kind voice asks. I look up to see a man dressed in a flight attendant uniform standing next to my seat. I smile, taking in a breath.

"Yes, I'm ok." I smile. He smiles too, going to walk away before I continue talking. "Sorry!" He stops and turns. "I'm Amelia, what was your name?" He smiles again.