Part 16

The sunlight wakes me up. I stir a little bit, moving around to try and feel for Lando, but I don't feel him. I sit up, looking around to see if maybe he had already gotten up but the other side of the bed is untouched. Maybe he just went into his room. I open my phone, but there are no new messages or responses to the one I sent last night. I yawn, seeing the time. 10 AM. I get out of bed, still wearing my hoodie and PJ shorts as I open my door and knock on Lando's. No response. I groan, going back into my room and finding the spare key he had given me to his room. Maybe he was just sleeping. I walk back over to his, tapping the card and opening the door.

"Lando?" I whisper out. But, nothing. I walk to the bed, to see it completely untouched. This begins to pique my interest. I walk over to the couch, but nothing. I search the whole place, but no sign of him. I take out my phone, deciding to call him. It goes straight to voicemail. Shit. I start worrying a bit, unsure of what else to do. If his phone was dead, and he was drunk last night, he must have had no way to get back. I start typing on my phone, thinking for some reason if I texted it would be better when a notification from Indi pops up.

__

ARE YOU OK?

I'LL KILL HIM DW

WHAT A FUCK WIT

WHAT HAPPENED?

DID YOU GUYS TALK?

DID HE REJECT YOU? OR DID YOU REJECT HIM?

AMELIA!!!!!

__

Without responding I open up Google, regretting it immediately as I type in Lando's name. His Google profile pops up, as well as some stuff about his podium before some articles start showing up.

LANDO NORRIS WAS SEEN LEAVING THE CLUB LAST NIGHT WITH GIRL, THAT ISN'T THE SAME ONE FROM RACE?

LANDO NORRIS, IS SEEN COMFORTABLE WITH THE NEW GIRL

IS LANDO NORRIS A PLAYER? OR IN A POLYAMOROUS RELATIONSHIP?

My stomach churns. This is just the news though. It's not true. but, when I click on one of the articles, massive photos of Lando, wearing the outfit he was wearing last night, pop up. He has his arm wrapped around the waist of a short, tanned blond girl who has her arms locked around his neck. The photos show them walking out of the club and into a big black car. I open Indi's messages.

__

AMELIA!!!

Hi, just woke up. Saw the photos. We were all good,
with no rejection or anything. I left early cause I was tired and he
wasn't in his hotel room.

HOLY FUCK WHAT A FUCKWIT. SO LIKE YOU DIDN'T EVEN TALK AND HE STILL PULLED SOMETHING LIKE THIS? WTF?!?!?

Idk. idk what's happening. I don't think I'm going to go to Monaco. I miss you.

I miss you too babe, call me if something happens,
and I can pay for your flight back tomorrow if you need it.
Love you, stay strong <3

__

I turn my phone off, unsure what to do with myself. I end up leaving his room and walking back into mine. I send him a quick message, asking where he is and if he is ok. But, nothing. I started to pack my stuff. I am upset, but, I'm not even sure I have the right to be. We weren't dating, we were just figuring stuff out. That is what this was about. And, I guess it all sorted itself out? Still though, I mean we sure were acting like a couple. He kissed me on camera for gods sake! I mean, it was just a is on the cheek but still. And, well I don't know I thought we worked really well together. A couple of hours later, still no word from Lando, and my bags are all packed. I pull out my phone and shoot Indi a message.