Part 17

"Oh babe, " I run into Indi's arms at the airport, tears and sobs finally escaping me when I lock eyes with her. She embraces me, patting my head as I lean against her shoulder, sobbing into it. "I'm so sorry." She says again. We don't move for a minute or two, her allowing me to finally release the sadness that I had been holding in since I left the hotel and caught an Uber to the airport. "He is such a fuckwit." I just sigh. He was a fuckwit. He treated me like one and then acted like one, but there was a big part of me that still admired him.

"Let's go home."

2 WEEKS LATER

I had spent most of the last two weeks sulking around. I laid in bed, walked around the apartment, and stalked Lando online. He seemed to be doing great, finishing P3 in Monaco, and celebrating out at the clubs again with his mates. I had muted and unmuted his Instagram page a million times, always trying to let him be, but then late one-night falling victim and stalking him again. He hadn't sent me a message. Not one. Not even asking to make sure I got back to Australia ok. Indi has spent this whole time trying to convince me he was never worth it, and that I was too good, but her Instagram following had tripled in size since he followed her, and she was now getting more brand deals than ever. 

I was still looking for a job, yesterday sent in an application to an accelerated paramedic training course that lasted six months. 

__

@CharlesLeclerc
Morning amore, how are you?

__

Charles had requested to follow me on Instagram the day after I returned to Australia. As soon as I accepted, he sent me a long message saying Lando let everyone know that I had decided to go home and that they probably wouldn't be seeing me again. I cried when I read the message, but Charles sent another saying that he would love to keep in touch with me, and he has done just that. He sends me messages all the time, telling me about his race, and his life. I would say we have grown pretty close. 

"Amelia! There's a letter for you." I groan, rolling out of bed for the first time that day and trudging into the kitchen. Indi had set up a mini photo booth on one of our lounge room walls and was posing with a water bottle. "On the bench, "She pointed. I walked over, picked it up, and read it with a blank expression before screaming. 

"I GOT IT! I GOT THE PARAMEDIC COURSE OFFER! AND THEY'RE OFFERING ME A SCHOLARSHIP!" Indi runs over tackling me with a hug. 

"OH MY GOD! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!" We just jump up and down for a few moments. "When does it start?"

"Two weeks! This is crazy!" 

"We are going out to celebrate!" We just laugh, jumping up and down and discussing what we should do tonight. 

_____________

Lando's POV 

"Wow, really?" Oscar says, putting a hand on my back after I told him that Amelia had left for Australia. 

"Yeah," I said, not looking up at him. I know he wanted to say something, but he shut his mouth, patting my back in silence as the two of us sat in the McLaren lounge. "It's my fault." 

"Ah, mate," He says, just continuing to pat my back. I sigh, realizing that Oscar isn't going to argue with me on that one. He had seen me leaving with that girl the night we went to the club, even going as far as to pull me aside and advise me it may not be the best idea because Lily had asked him to, and he agreed. I just brushed him off. Fucking dumb. 

"Whatever. Doesn't matter anyway." I say, standing up, making Oscar's hand fall off behind me. I turn to look at him and he has raises his eyebrows. "What? It doesn't. I met the girl not that long ago, it's not that big of a deal." He just sighs, nodding his head. 

"Whatever you say, mate." I just walk out towards my room. He doesn't get it. It isn't a big deal. I am Lando Norris, I have more important things to be doing than mourning a girl that I was never even dating. A quick memory flashed across my mind of the few minutes after she had left, when I walked back into my room to find the hoodie she had taken from me, folded up neatly and placed on my bed. I remember breaking down after that. 

"Fuck." I say, brushing it off and continuing to walk through the garage. Calm down, it doesn't matter. There are plenty of girls in this world, just as good, if not better than Amelia. I walk out and fans immediately start screaming, making me smile and walk over to them. See? 

_____________

Amelia's POV 

Today was the day I started my paramedic training. It was being held in a hospital that was an hour's drive away, but it wasn't too bad. I was a bit nervous, but I knew I was prepared and ready to do it. Now or never. 

"Hi," I said, walking into the hospital and up to the front desk. The lady smiled kindly at me. "I'm here for the paramedic course?" Her eyes lit up.

"Yes! Of course! You know, there are only two of you!" My eyes widened.

"Wow, really? You'd think there would be more." She stood up, walking over to grab some sort of badge. 

"Well, they were very picky with candidates, so I'm not surprised. Plus, this is our first tie as a hospital running this course, so small numbers to start is a better idea. Anyway, here is your pass, it's temporary so it will only get you through the next 6 months, and only certain doors will open with it, but it should work. The other student got here not moments ago, if you just go through those doors I'm sure you'll find him." She smiled. I thank her, walking through the doors. There are a lot of empty chairs, but one is occupied. A tall man sits in it, who is very bulky and large. He has blond hair that is parted down the middle and flows nicely to show off his strong jawline. 

"Dam," I whisper to myself, walking over. I awkwardly step in front of him, which causes him to look up at me, a smile showing his straight white teeth and blue eyes. "Hi, I'm Amelia, are you the other student for the paramedic course?" He smiles, standing up and offering his hand out for me to shake.

"Yes, hi. I'm Shaun, nice to meet you." I take his hand, smiling. 

"You too. So, it's just the two of us then? That's crazy." We both sit back down, me in the seat next to him. He shifts his body so that he is facing me. 

"I know when I heard that I was like, wait no way that's so little. Must've been picky." I nod my head. He seems lovely. We continued to chat until someone wearing a paramedic uniform came out to talk to us.

"Hi guys, thanks for coming. We are excited to have you two. This course is going to be very different from anything you would've already done. It's going to be mainly on-the-job training, paired with a few mini-classes taught by current staff, and then some quizzes every week testing your knowledge. It's all still a bit up in the air since you two are the first two going through this program, but you both already have medical science degrees, so it shouldn't be too difficult. We are hoping, with your guys's success, that we can expand this program, so, do your best guys!" We both smile at each other.

"Let's do it!"