Part 9

"You're joking. So, you managed to hold hands with the guy for at least like 10 minutes, and yet somehow you didn't manage to get one photo with him for me?" Indi says, scrolling through my phone to find the photos of the window from the airplane and nothing else. I sigh, trying to laugh but a breath of air comes out instead.

"Can't respond. Too tired." I say, as I lay on the lounge with my eyes closed. I haven't moved since I got home. She sighs, placing my phone down.

"Go to bed then dude. It's only 11 pm so you have the opportunity to get a really good night's sleep here. I still can't BELIEVE you flew on a private jet with Lando Norris. That's main character shit right there. " She shakes her head as she walks towards the kitchen.

"I can't sleep yet. I have to wait for that guy to get here with my car and thank him." I groan. Indi says something but I really don't hear her as I turn over on the couch. "Ok, maybe just a little nap."

An unknown amount of time passes before I am ripped out of my beautiful sleep by the sound of our door's buzzer. I startledly roll off the couch, before springing up and running to the door to buzz him up. After around 3 minutes there's a knock, and I open it to find a tall brown-haired man, maybe mid 20's standing there.

"Hey, I'm Max." He states, giving me a smile. He has curly hair and a well-tamed beard. He is honestly pretty cute. My tired brain gets the best of me and I kind of stand there staring at him with my jaw open for a moment. "Hello?" He says, a bit more concerned this time.

"Hi!" I say, breaking out of my trance. He smiles, bringing up my keys. "Sorry, I thought the guy who had my key's name was Asher?" Max nods his head.

"Yeah he was suppose to but he was busy, so he asked me to instead. Extremely random but I owed him one so." He just shrugs

"Ah ok," I say, nodding my head.

"Here, I believe these are yours. There is no damage to the car I promise." He says jokingly.

"Pinky promise? Cause that car is my baby." I say, acting seriously. Worry flashes across his face as he starts to sputter words.

"Well, there are a few scratches but they were there before I started driving I just assumed they had been there for a while but if they weren't then I swear it wasn't me because-" I cut him off by laughing. He pauses and then begins to laugh too. "You were joking. Very funny." I smile, shrugging my shoulders at him, leaning on the door frame.

"I am quite funny yes." He gives me a little look as if asking if I am flirting, and I just continue smiling. He dangles my keys and I put my hand out. He places them in my hand, keeping his hand in mine for a moment too long, before pulling it away.

"Well, I should be off then Amelia." He says. The use of my name makes my stomach flutter for a moment.

"Ah yes, I wouldn't want to hold you. You must be tired." He nods his head, rubbing the back of his neck and if I was not mistaken, flexing his arms slightly as he lets out a groan.

"Yes, I am. Never tired enough to not flirt with a pretty girl though." The confident remark catches me off guard for a moment. He cringes. "Sorry, that was too much wasn't it." I just laugh.

"Maybe a little, but I'll just put that down as tired you speaking." He smiles, nodding his head and bringing his hand down.

"That would be great, thank you." I just smile. "Ok, I really should get going." I nod my head.

"How are you getting home may I ask? Since you drove my car here? Uber? Cause if so let me shout it for you it's the least I can do," He pulls out his phone.