✎ three

"y/n, notes?" after the meeting concluded, other higher ups began filing out of the room. i left my seat on the side to stand next to jing yuan.

"here they are, sir." i handed him my notepad, each section labeled neatly, with bullet points and summaries.

"aeons, what would i do without you?" he smiled, setting the notes on the conference table once he finished reading them. "you're a life saver y/n."

"you exaggerate, mr jing yuan." i chuckled softly. "i do what i have to do."

"and you're very good at it." the two of us walked out of the conference room, myself purposefully trailing slightly behind. "are you free tonight y/n?"

i stifle a laugh. "you ask almost every night, sir, what do you think?" jing yuan frowned, stopping in front of the reception counter, while i take my seat.

"you're quite the busy person." he sighed, taking a pen from the mug on my desk. "oh well, perhaps you'll accept one day." as he left, i shook my head, half exasperated, half amused.

"ah- miss y/n!" a voice from behind startled me, causing me to jump in my seat. i looked over to see yanqing, the intern at the office, smiling nervously, holding a paper close to his chest. "i was wondering if you could proofread this for me... its an essay for my economics class."

i took the paper from him, my expression softening slightly. "mhm..." i hummed every once in a while, especially during the detailed parts of his writing. at the end, i handed it back to him. "you're a talented writer, yanqing."

yanqings face turned bright red as he grabbed the paper and nodded. "th-thank you miss!"

"just dont forget, write for the reader, okay? you're the one writing, but they're the ones reading." he nodded at my advice and walked away, a little more pep to his step. i smiled to myself, pulling up solitaire on the computer. as i leaned back in my chair, i let out a soft groan. my chair was far from comfy, perhaps i could convince jing yuan to order the office new ones.

but then again, i didn't want to bother him. or the other way around. i switched off solitaire reluctantly and began working, since jing yuan was a very busy person. i took a sip of water and yawned, the caffeine from my earlier drink beginning to wear off. only two hours until 5.

after a while, i realized that i was one of the only people still in the office. normally id work until closing time, but id been so invested in what i was doing, it was already six pm.

"y/n?" jing yuan stepped out of his office, coat hanging over his shoulder, bag and keys in hand. "i thought you'd have left already." i shrugged, standing up from my seat and stretching.

"i lost track of time. ill be leaving now too." i replied, grabbing my tote bag from underneath my desk.

"would you mind if i walked you out?" he asked politely, standing by my desk to wait. i smiled kindly, nodding and accepting his offer.

"thank you, sir." once i had my belongings, we made our way out, jing yuan locking the door on the way.

"still wont take up my offer for dinner tonight?" he chucked, as the elevator brought us down. i shook my head, half apologetic.

"sorry, sir, i've had quite the heavy load as of late." i sighed. he hummed, a frown gracing his features.

"thats too bad," he replied. "do you take the train?"

"yes sir." we walked out of the building, jing yuan stopping at the entrance.

"would you like a ride home?" i shook my head once more.

"thats alright sir, thank you, though." jing yuan grinned and nodded his head.

"right then, i'll see you tomorrow, y/n."

"see you tomorrow, sir."

a/n: guys jing yuan is sooooooooo