✎ twenty-five

"here are some clothes, why dont you shower, my dear?" jing yuan handed me one of his t shirts and a pair of clean boxers. "the shower is just down the hall, first door on the left."

"thank you, jing yuan." i said, taking the clothes from him and pecking his cheek, my mind thinking back the the kiss from before, wanting nothing more than his lips against mine again.

jing yuan's hand touched the spot on his cheek where my lips were, smiling. "anything for you, y/n. now, go wash up, and let me get you to bed. you look absolutely exhausted from this week." i nodded, turning to head to the shower.

as i entered the bathroom, i felt my jaw drop once more. the size of it was probably the size of two of my bedrooms put together. there was a whirlpool bathtub, walk in shower, and even a whole waiting area. a laugh escaped my mouth — jing yuan lived alone in a house that could fit 8 people in it.

i switched on the tub and undressed, sitting myself in the warm water. all the tension from the past week faded away as i relaxed. i washed myself down and made the bath quick, not wanting to run jing yuan's water bill too much.

i dried off and put on the clothes lent to me, shirt hanging past my knees. walking out, i saw jing yuan sitting on the couch, a book and pen in his hand. he looked up, grinning as he watched me make my way over.

"come sit." jing yuan pat the seat next to himself, which i quickly claimed as my own, leaning up against him. he wrapped his arms around me and continued to read.

"i didn't take you as someone to read shakespeare." i mumbled, amused. jing yuan chuckled, turning the page.

"ah, well, i don't usually get lots of reading time, but when i do, i always go to shakespeare. specifically hamlet." i rested my head on his chest, the proximity between us making me heat up. "what about you?"

"me? i dont have time to read." i laughed, inclining my head to look at him. "i used to read science fiction, before i got into professional skating. which was way too long ago to remember."

"mm.." he hummed, shutting the book and giving his full attention to me. "i have to ask, when did you.. realize?"

"realize what?" i asked before even thinking of the possibilities. "oh, you mean, about being with you?" jing yuan nodded in response. "well, i think it was after last friday, but im not sure. sushang asked me 'have you ever considered the idea that boss has a thing for you?' i didnt realize how much of a lie it was when i said no. and well, the rest you already know."

"you're so beautiful y/n, ill say it again and again." he whispered, pressing a kiss to my cheek, trailing down to my neck. shivers ran down my spine as he continued leaving pecks along my body. my breath hitched, and my skin burned wherever he touched.

"j-jing yuan!" i exclaimed, playfully hitting his shoulder.

"yes love?" he stopped, tilting my chin towards him.

"u-um... could we maybe head to bed? im very tired, im sorry."

"dont be sorry dear." he whispered. "come, lets go to my room." my heart skipped a beat at the word 'my'. we both stood up and jing yuan led me to his room. my jaw dropped for the umpteenth time, seeing how large his room was. jing yuan took me to the bed, laying down and pulling me next to him.

"thank you." i murmured, already starting to drift off. before i slept, however, i reached for jing yuan's face, cupping his cheek. "truly, thank you."

jing yuan leaned down, and pressed his lips to mine, the kiss even better than the first. his lips moved against mine, the soft feeling warming my heart. i unknowingly pulled his shirt collar, tugging him closer. jing yuan let out a gasp of surprise, but continued the kiss, running his hands up and down my back. after what felt like eternity, i broke away, my entire face red.

"good night, my y/n." he whispered, hugging me.

"good night, jing yuan."

a/n: oh that's spicy 👺👺