✎ thirteen

"you know sir," i started, the boxes of sandwiches resting on my lap as we drove back. "you're truly a wonderful boss."

jing yuan raised an eyebrow. "who are you, and what have you done to y/n? im always the one who compliments you."

"is it too much to say im trying to butter you up?" i chuckled lightly, turning my head to face him. at the stop light, jing yuan met my eyes.

"i can tell. what do you need, dear?" my cheeks flushed a light pink, averting my gaze to try and push it away.

"i need to take part of tomorrow off, from around 10:30 to after lunch."

"of course you can, although, you're not trying to leave luofu tech, are you?" he chuckled, continuing to drive. i shook my head in response.

"no sir, its just a couple matters i need to attend to. i think once its over ill be back to normal." that last part was a lie. if i really decided to go back to skating, it probably meant id go back to being my former self.

self conscious y/n. diet y/n. working out y/n. no sleep y/n.

of course the cons came with pros. id do what i loved to do. thats all that mattered, i

think.

"well, alright then, y/n. and remember, you can always talk to me, okay?"

"okay sir."

"thats my girl. my favorite receptionist." i hated how much jing yuan's conpliments have been affecting me recently. my cheeks glowed red at his words.

"im your only receptionist, sir." i added, in an attempt to humble myself.

"and thats how itll stay, hm?"

"yes sir."

"good, good." we both stepped out of the car and made our way into the building. the elevator ride was quick, and as soon as we stepped foot into the office, my coworkers lunged at us like a pack of hungry predators.

"food!" someone shouted, while i put the boxes onto the reception counter, watching the hungry workers with an amused expression. jing yuan stood beside me, like a parent watching his children.

"they're insane." i whispered to him, my shoulder brushing against his. jing yuan's eyes flickered down to the contact, a smile growing on his face.

"i agree, y/n. you eat now, okay?" i rubbed the back of my neck and sighed. "do i need to get it for you, y/n?"

"no sir." i quickly got up and grabbed my sandwich, returning to the spot next to him. "i've got it." he watched as i unwrapped the sandwich, starting with a small bite.

"good?" he asked while i continued to eat. i nodded with the food in my mouth.

i remember the first time this happened. it was around three months after i started working here, during one of the busiest weeks we'd ever had. none of us had gotten sleep that week, and on friday, right as we were about to shut down, loads of reports were dumped on us.

thats when jing yuan had called the meeting, similar to the one from today. he told us that we'd work better on full stomachs, grabbed my arm, asked for everyone's sandwich order, and left.

the car ride wasnt nearly as relaxed as it is now. i was so afraid of messing up in front of him, that my back was so stiff from my posture.

when he asked for my order, he seemed so genuinely curious. i told him about f/s, before keeping quiet again. and he never forgot about it. no matter how many times he asked about others, he never asked me about mine.

and every single time, it was always spot on.

"y/n? earth to y/n." i snapped out of my thoughts, to see jing yuan waving a hand in front of my face, slightly closer than before.

"s-sorry sir." i stammered, a light blush growing on my face.

"you've been more on edge lately, wanna talk about it?" i wish i couldve accepted his offer, but i wasn't ready for him to know. not yet.

"its okay, sir." i took another bite of my sandwich and sighed. jing yuan's eyes never left my face. "um.. sir..?"

"you have something here, y/n." jing yuan ran his thumb just inches away from my lips, pulling off whatever the hell was there. my face grew warmer, my gaze never breaking from his. he realized what happened and excused himself, leaving me at my desk. i sat back down and rested my head on the counter.

when i tell you there were butterflies..

a/n: HIM OMG HES SOOOO