✎ twenty-three

"how was practice, y/n?" i was surprised when i stepped out of the locker room to see jing yuan, standing with a coat and umbrella in hand. "i wanted to pick you up, considering it started to rain."

"you're too kind, jing yuan!" i smiled, each day feeling more and more comfortable with him. "im glad you're here." for once, i was happy. id used to be borderline annoyed with my boss, but seeing him here for me made my heart swell.

"anything for you, my dear." he held his hand out, unsure if id take it. "shall we?" himeko coughed from behind the desk, while nodding for me to take his hand. i rolled my eyes at her, grabbing jing yuan's hand with my own.

"lets go." i said sweetly, my voice only full of affection towards him. when he said it was raining, it was a complete understatement.

the storm couldve almost been mistaken for a hurricane at how strong it was. i had recoiled back in surprise, grabbing the sleeve of jing yuan's coat. he chuckled softly, pulling me close and opening up the umbrella. after a couple seconds, we quickly ran to his car, laughing like kids once we made it inside. jing yuan pulled a blanket from the back seat and handed it to me.

"come on, let me take you to my place. at least until the storm ends?" he asked, a hint of nervousness in his tone. i blushed, but nodded anyway.

"alright." and with that, jing yuan started up the car, preparing to drive to his house. id never known jing yuan outside of work, and i was slightly curious about it.

i inclined my head to glance at jing yuan. his eyes were concentrated on the road, hands tightly gripping the wheel. he was ever so handsome, even while driving. aeons, this man was so attractive.

"you know, if you take a pic-"

"dont finish that." i groaned, nudging his shoulder gently. one of jing yuan's hands came off the wheel, hugging my shoulders and bringing me close.

"i love your smile y/n." shit. my cheeks grew even more red, his compliment sending my heart millions of miles per second.

"hey-" i stuttered. "dont go saying things like that! keep your eyes on the road." i blabbered, pulling myself away, embarrassed.

"but its true~" he teased, pulling into the driveway of his house. "its my favorite part about you. i mean, every part of you is beautiful, but every time you smile, i cant help but fall even deeper for you."

"oh stop!" i buried my face in my hands, feeling even more embarrassed than before. "aeons jing yuan, you really know how to flatter me."

"eh, its my job. besides being ceo of luofu." he chuckled, getting out and opening the car door for me. "come on, lets get inside."

i knew jing yuan was rich, but the minute i stepped inside his house, my jaw dropped. it was ginormous, probably three times the size as my parents house. a chandelier over the dining area, beautifully shining over the features of the house.

i felt my sweater being removed, jing yuan placing it on the coat rack. he took off his own coat, leaving him in a black turtleneck. he headed into the kitchen.

"what would you like to eat y/n? what sounds good tonight?" he asked gently, turning on the sink to wash his hands. "ill make you whatever you want, my darling."

"u-um, ill eat anything, jing yuan! no need to ask me." i replied politely, taking off my shoes and walking into the kitchen with him. "and, let me help, would you? i can't have you do everything for me."

"ah, if you wish, y/n." he smiled, grabbing an apron and putting it on. i found myself growing red as i watched him. definitely boyfriend material.

"how about some miso ramen? i think that fits the weather." i suggested, standing beside him while tying my hair up. "i have a recipe from my dad"

"i think that sounds perfect." he replied, kissing my forehead. "come on, lets start~"

a/n; fluff for like the next four chaps be ready