Whites and Blues

Saerim 

I opened my eyes, my pupils slowly adjusting to the soft glow of the morning light that was beginning to filter into the room. But as I gazed upwards, my eyes suddenly locked onto a bright light that was shining down directly onto my face. It was as if the light had come alive, leaping forth from the bulb above me to dance upon my skin. The intensity of the brightness was disorienting, causing me to squint and shield my eyes with my hand. It took a minute for me to accustom to the spacious surroundings, which were orderly and adorned with white curtains. "Where am I?" a cogitation popped up in my mind.

Gradually, buried memories of the traumatic incident resurfaced. I closed my eyes, gathering my thoughts. The room, once filled with dust and debris, came back to me. That's when I saw him. His deep ocean-blue eyes locked onto mine as I started to lose consciousness, sending a shiver down my spine. It felt like drowning in a painless, suffocation-free abyss. Was it real or a hallucination?

My eyes shot open at the sound of a joyous cry. It was Minhee. She rushed toward me, embracing me tightly. I patted her head as she sobbed on my chest. "Ouch! I'm alive, you know?" I exclaimed. She looked up, smiling and nodding vigorously. Her tight hug made me uneasy, my ribs aching. I flinched with pain and adjusted my position to lay comfortably and asked, "What about the kid? Is she alright?"Minhee gently cupped my face, gingerly smiling. "Yes! She's been discharged. She's healthy now, don't worry. You've been out for about a week," she said. I was shocked by her words, but then curiosity got the better of me. "Well, how was I saved?" I inquired. "Any details on that?" She wiped her tears and held my hand as she spoke. "I don't know, but he was someone brave enough to enter the building and save you both." I raised my eyebrows, puzzled. "What did he look like?""I was too traumatized to really look at him. I didn't even properly thank him," she confessed guiltily. Then, she suddenly remembered something. "His eyes were distinctive, though. Blue or olive? I can't say for sure. I only have a vague memory of him," she said.

 Yes, it was him.

Time Skip : After a month

Minhee

Saerim, still in recovery, wanted to visit the renovated building. She had thoughtfully allowed employees to work from home. "It's almost finished. I'm glad," Saerim remarked as she left the lobby. I nodded in assurance.

"Well, send an email to all the employees regarding the opening and ask them to join back after two weeks. By then, I believe 95% of the work will be completed,".

 "Alright now, Ms. Kim. Shall we head back now? We have an appointment, remember?" I reminded her, pulling her into the rover.

At the hospital

Saerim

Dr. Cha examined the x-ray. "Don't move around a lot with the recovering ribs of yours, understood,  it'll take a couple of weeks more for your full recovery. Until then recuperate well?" His eyebrows narrowed down as he looked at me.

"Yes, Dr. Cha. I understand," I said with a reassuring tone.

Saerim

Later that night, Minhee noticed my quietness. "Are you alright?" she asked, sitting beside me. "Minhee, I have a suspicion," I began. "I don't believe the fire was an accident," I continued.