Plan A and B

Minhee:

The night was serene, stars twinkling above, and a gentle breeze kissing my skin. Streetlights glimmered like fireflies, adding to the enchantment.

"Secretary Park?" I turned around, recognizing Officer Choi's voice. He greeted me respectfully, concern in his deep voice. "Is something wrong, Secretary Park? Why the late-night summons?" His eyes, a soft brown, bore into mine.

"I'm sorry for the intrusion, Mr. Choi, but I must discuss something crucial. I need someone from your team to protect Saerim—a bodyguard. I'm genuinely worried about her, especially after the recent threat. It's not to be taken lightly," I implored. He crossed his arms thoughtfully. "You see, Ms. Park, she turned down the idea of a bodyguard initially.""I know she thinks she can handle herself, but don't worry. I have a plan. Stand by me one last time. Please help," I added, a touch of mercy in my tone. "Well... I have the perfect person. Let me make a call," Mr. Choi said, his expression contemplative.

Choi:

I stepped away to ensure Ms. Park couldn't overhear. Quickly, I retrieved my phone and dialed the ideal candidate for this task—Park Rawoon.

Rawoon:

I leaped from my bed at the sound of my ringtone, annoyance flooding me as I saw the caller ID: 'Cipher Jeonghan.' I answered with a hint of irritation. "You always do this. 

Well, no time for jokes. I have good news. Wanna be Saerim's bodyguard?" he teased.

"What?" I nearly fell off the bed. "Yeah! And being close to her might help too, right? Well, at least we won't have to break into the office now," he said, surprisingly soothing. "Right. I'll be careful. Saerim isn't one to underestimate," I replied."So, I'll see you there. I'm almost off work," he said in a hurry.

Minhee:

Anxiously, I waited as Mr. Choi made the call. Each second felt like an eternity, filled with uncertainty and worry. Finally, he approached me. "Secretary Park, Agent Scar will be Saerim's personal bodyguard. He's one of our finest operatives, skilled in combat and protection. Rest assured, Saerim will be in capable hands," he assured.

A wave of relief washed over me. The burden on my shoulders seemed lighter, knowing that a skilled and dedicated protector would watch over Saerim. "Thank you, Mr. Choi. Your help means more than words can express," I said, grateful, shaking his hand eagerly. Mr. Choi nodded with a touch of awkwardness. "I understand your concern, Secretary Park. Saerim's safety is paramount. Agent Scar will meet you at the company building tomorrow morning to discuss the plan and security arrangements."

Minhee:

I thanked Mr. Choi once again, my heart full of gratitude, and headed toward our condo. I paused at a commanding voice."Wait," Mr. Choi's firm grip on my arm stopped me. "It's almost 11 pm. It's not safe for you to be out here. Let me escort you," he pleaded. For some reason, electricity seemed to course through my veins. His eyes gleamed like the brightest star, his handsome face radiant.I quickly pulled my arm away, sensing a strange tension. "I'm sorry," he said, apologetic, noticing my unease. Blushing, I looked down. "It's just 20 minutes. I don't want to bother you.""Escorting you is no trouble, and I could keep you company," he said with a mischievous wink, walking beside me.

Those 20 minutes flew by, his captivating smile making me oblivious to my surroundings. "Hello...? You've reached..." I snapped back to reality as Mr. Choi clapped his hands in front of my face. "Oh, sorry... I was just lost," I mumbled, my voice trailing off."Huh? What?" he asked, leaning in. I leaned back suddenly, nearly losing my balance. I let out a startled scream, "Ahhh!" Just in time, a firm hand caught my waist, saving me from a fall.

I opened my eyes to find myself captivated by his concerned gaze as he pulled me closer. Swiftly, I stepped out of his grasp, feeling a surge of embarrassment. Without a word, I rushed into the condo. Today, I felt like I'd died of embarrassment.