12 ➛ morals

"Kenma, if you loved me you'd give me one of your fishcakes." Kuroo tried to convince the faux blonde to give him a part of his lunch.

"I don't love you." Kenma stated, amused with the reaction he received from the ravenette

"How could you, Kozume! After all I've done!" Kuroo faked a cry as he wiped an imaginary tear. "I thought we had something special!"

"Uh oh, he took out the last name!" You spoke, faking shock as you erupt in a fit of laughter, you loved their playful banter as it made you grow more fond of them, you find yourself continue to grow more attached to the two day by day.

You came to know this was a normal occurrence on their daily routine. How Kuroo teases and bothers Kenma and the latter responding with his sassy comments to trigger the older of the three. This side of Kenma he only has shown to Kuroo, seldomly the volleyball team, and you.

Kenma silently enjoyed the melody of your laugh until a voice that wasn't quite welcomed to his ears revealed itself.

"Hey, [Y/N]!" Spoke a boy who made it very hard for Kenma to not jump across the table.

"Murata! Hello!" The girl who Kenma had admired for months now acknowledged the boy with a gracious amount of enthusiasm that made the blonde frown deeply.

"I hope I wasn't interrupting anything." Murata said bashfully as he scratched his nape.

"No! No not at all." The girl smiled widely, too wide for Kenma's liking.

"I just wanted to tell you that we're continuing the project at my house today. I've talked with all of the group members except you. Are you fine with that?" Murata tried to hide his nervousness but the way he fiddled with his fingers gave it away but only Kenma seemed to notice it.

"Yeah that's fine. Send me the address later." She smiled at him.

Kenma's eyes widened in horror from what he heard. [Y/N]? In another man's house? No no no no no!

Kenma's head was spinning. A thousand questions and a thousand scenarios were warping in his mind. What if he was lying? What if he's luring her? What if he'll hurt her? What was Kenma gonna do? He won't be there.

No, Kenma needs to keep his composure, Kenma believes you're an independent woman who- who was he kidding. You can't even walk home alone!

"Kenma?" A soft voice called out to him to hopefully not startle him albeit failed.

"H-huh?" He looked around the table to see that Murata had left, and both [Y/N] and Kuroo were looking at him concerned.

"You kind of.. dozed off into the distance just now and your eyes were wide open. Are you alright?" Kenma could sense the genuine concern from the [H/C] haired girl's voice. The thought of her being worried for him calmed him down and he was finally able to speak straight.

"Sorry.. was just thinking about something." He said truthfully.

"Are you sure?" She asked again for confirmation.

"Actually... I know this is sudden but could I walk you to Murata's?" Kenma suddenly offered to the girl. "I kind off want to get out more.. and make sure you'll be fine.." he made up an excuse, adding the last part quietly, almost inaudible but enough to reach the girl's ear as her face bursted with colour. "And because I don't trust you to walk yourself." He added again, making the girl pout, but she can't really disagree with him, she didn't trust herself to walk alone aswell.

"Ah! Yes! Yes, please. I don't want to walk alone at night!" She laughed. "I was going to ask one of you anyways. Thank you so so much, Kenma!" The girl thanked the boy.