13 ➛ patience

Kenma gripped the phone in his hands as he read over the words on the screen. A message from you.

'Hey ken! No need to walk me home later, I'm staying over at Murata's ^^

Pls get sum sleep, i rlly appreciate u doing so much for me ken <3'

He clenched his teeth so hard it almost felt like one was about to pop out.

How could you do this to him? And he waited outside that prick's house for you! No.. it wasn't your fault, it was his!

He craned his neck back to eye the house a few feet away from him. He was sat down behind a tree just across the street of Murata's home on his neighbors property, waiting for you to finish your project. Now he realized what a mistake it was to even let you.

In a state of bitterness, he worked his brain to think of something to get back at the jock. A side of pettiness in Kenma that had been hidden away, resurfacing at that very moment.

His eyes caught glance at the pricey car Murata drove to school with everyday. A glimmer of mischief glowing in his eyes as he decided something not too much, but just enough. In his own twisted point of view that is.

"You take a long time to shower don't ya?" Murata breathed out a laugh.

"Sorry.. I didn't use up your warm water I promise! I'm just a little bit of a clean freak when it comes to my body.." You muttered out as your cheeks dusted pink.

"It's fine, I don't mind" he smiled kindly, truly he was quite attracted to the girl as he found her quite interesting and beautiful.

"Come, I'll send you home to change into your school uniform then we can head to school together." He offered in which [Y/N] nodded in agreement.

After [Y/N] gathered up her belongings and Murata packed his bag, they both made their way to the driveway of his home.

Murata reached out to take the handle of the passenger seat for [Y/N] but hesitated. For some weird reason he had a bad feeling.

He quickly brushed off the feeling and opened the door for [Y/N] out of politeness, that is until the door broke off from the car, releasing a putrid stench.

"What the-" Murata was in disbelief as he saw his car disassemble and the smell of rotting flesh came from inside his car.

[Y/N]'s hand shot out to clench her nose from the intensity of the stench as she backed away from the car and from the panicked and distressed Murata.

A glint of worry appeared in her eyes as she watch the jock almost in tears, she remember him excitedly telling her how the car was a gift from his father who often travels for work for his seventeenth birthday.

She took a step closer to the car to take a look inside and let out a horrified gasp.

"What the fuck..?"

There was a dead, decaying deer at the back seat of Murata's car.

[Y/N] entered through the double doors of Nekoma high in a glum mood. Alone. Murata apologized to her saying that he can't send her home and to school but the girl obviously didn't blame him for it.

He looked like he was about to cry while talking.

The thought about the jock made the girl frown in pity. Murata was a such a nice guy, and he was also well liked among the students and teachers so who would hate him so much to do this to him?

You couldn't imagine anyone having any grudge on the sweet soccer player.

As she approached her locker, she spotted Kenma leaning against it with his phone in hand, engrossed in the mobile game he had indulged in.

He had seemingly notice her presence and quickly shoved his phone in the pockets of his jacket and turned to her.

"Yo." he said with a single raised hand.

"Hai, Kenma." [Y/N] politely smiled at him as he moved out of the way so she could access her locker.

"You don't look too good, what's up?" The blonde asked, feigning obliviousness. Ever so bluntly of course.

You sighed as you got your books out and turn to him. "I'm not even sure if I can put it into words, Ken." She averted her gaze to the floor, the events that occured that morning leaving a sour note to her for the rest of the day.

Kenma faked grimace at her words. Acting as if he didn't orchestrated everything.

"I can tell you don't really wanna talk about it. That's fine." He shrugged, fighting off the smile that threatened to emerge.

The girl's frown only deepened at the thought of that morning. She only prayed that Murata was doing alright.

The boy, noticing her turning more sour, patted her back in support. The mere contact sending electric waves to his senses.

"Let's get to class, yeah? I'm sure everything will be okay." Kenma tried to encourage her as well as he can. These sort of advances were alien to the boy.

"Yeah, okay.." the girl agreed, her sour mood not easing out a tiny bit. The boy was quick to catch on so he took her hand in his, leading the way to their classroom.

The girl in a state of shell-shock blushed at the contact, in her point of view this was an intimate advance. Distracting her from the bad mood she was in just moments ago.

And Kenma thought so as well, the touch of the girl's hand making his heart beat with adrenaline as he contained his smile to the best of his ability. With no intention of letting go. He walked with the girl hand-in-hand until they reached their classroom where he forced himself to let go before he passed out.

They both sat down their assigned seats. Not glancing or talking to each other. Kenma didn't mind though. He was perfectly fine.

"Here." Kenma handed out the cash to the group of thugs from his school that spend their days skipping classes in an alleyway.

"Hey hey, you promised way more than this!" Their leader growled. Seeing the sum of money promised was not enough.

Kenma sighed and looked at the guy straight in the eyes, unnerving the leader.

"I told you, when you finish all your... jobs for me, I'll give you the rest, did I not?" the blonde challenged the leader.

"Don't get cocky, prick. You know we can just beat you up right now, to put you in your place." One of the members spoke backing up his leader whilst cracking his knuckles to add to his threat.

"And then you won't get the rest of your money..." Kenma turned around, the realization making all of them double think, they did need the money.

When Kenma was sure he was at a safe distance from them, he showed the screen of his phone that proved to have a recording.

"Also I recorded our whole conversation... I can just show this to the police after editing it and you'll go straight to juvenile prison." The blonde smirk at their distraught.

"You slimy cu-"

"I mean who would the police believe? A bunch of no good thugs that do drugs, steal and skip classes, or me?" He cut the leader off, almost bursting out laughing at how his face turned red.

"Calm down, you have nothing to worry about as long as you do as I say. I'll make sure your tracks are clean and you won't get in trouble."

The lead of the gang held a tight expression before scowling.

"Fine, whatever! But you better pay us well for our services." He pointed threateningly at the blonde.

"Oh please, what do you take me as?"

🐭:

Hooray!! Another chapter :33

Meant to publish this like last week but I couldn't write it so grrr

I really want to finish this story as fast as I can because I have so many other story ideas that I'm so so excited to write.

Okay that's all! Hopefully I can keep making frequent chapters so I won't keep you guys waiting since I think I've delayed this book way longer than I should