14 ➛ leads

Kenma waited outside the [H/C] haired girl's house per usual, waiting as she normally gets ready for school so they can walk together, this time with Kuroo since he threw a fit when he doesn't join them.

"Girls sure take a while to get ready, right Ken." The ravenette nudged his companion who was nose deep in his phone.

"You take longer Kuroo. Please be quiet." The blonde easily brushed off his friend.

"Hey! You don't understand, Kenma. With a body like mine I need to check it out once in a while." Kuroo joked as he exaggerated his daily routine.

"Fuck, gross Kuroo. Shut up.. you're not funny." The blonde grimaced causing his childhood friend to snicker at his reaction.

Just then they heard the front door of the house belonging to their new found friend open. When Kenma caught a glimpse of the [H/C] hair that he imagines about every night, his eyes starts to sparkle in admiration as flowers and stars bloom and shined around the girl, making her all the more alluring.

"Hai hai! Sorry I took so long- OOF!" The girl's body jerked forward as she felt hands grip behind her legs.

When she glanced down, she confirmed the culprit to be her sister, for some reason hiding behind her while looking at Kenma and Kuroo with big eyes.

"Well well, who do we have here?" Kuroo asked, leaning down to be eye level with the girl.

"My name's Mei.." the girl shyly spoke, still hiding behind her older sister.

"Oh, hello again." Kenma spoke softly to the girl. The greeting made her squeal in the delight, causing [Y/N] to let out an all knowing 'ooh' as she raised an eyebrow in amusement.

"Well it's nice to meet you, Mei." Kuroo walked up to the front door to ruffle up the young girl's hair, causing her to laugh in delight.

"Okay, Mei Mei. We gotta go to school now, I'll be home soon later today okay? Be good at school." The girl smiled to the younger one as the three of them went on their way to school.

"I think Mei Mei likes you Kenma." The girl started with a snicker as she watched closely at the blonde's reaction.

"Huh? Really?" The blonde raised a brow in questioning. He found it ridiculous.

"Mhm, I think someone has a crush~ how cute!" The [H/C] haired girl giggled.

"Woah there, I don't want anyone thinking I like toddlers or something." The boy deadpanned as his face paled.

The girl sweat dropped at the boy's concern as Kuroo's laughter rang in the background. "Don't be ridiculous, Kenma.. It's just an innocent crush. My first crush was the son of my mother's friend who was like 6 years older than me. I was 8 or something." The girl snickered at the memory, remembering how embarrassing she acted.

The information for some reason made the blonde pout, he didn't like hearing her talking about her past crushes, even if she wasn't praising them in any way. His oh so loyal companion, after noticing his blonde friend showing his displeasure with the information, patted his hair in support, a silent 'don't worry about it' sent to the smaller male without a single word uttered.

"What do you mean you can't find any leads?! You saying this just magically happened?! Are you saying that a deer just decided to wreck my car and die there?!" A certain jock yelled at the police officer after he told him something beyond belief.

"I'm sorry, young man. But we have checked everything that could lead to any leads but everything is clean." The officer expressed remorse to the younger man.