04 ➛ for.. u?

Kenma silently followed both you and Kuroo as you both had a cheery conversation while getting familiar with the school's interior.

Kenma hated this. He hated it so much, but at the same time loved it.

He's standing next to you so close. Closeness that the gap the seating in your class provided would never be as close as this. Although he hated how he's just awkwardly beside the both of you, hearing how engaged you were with the conversation. He wanted to be apart of it too. He wanted to talk to you, laugh with you. Interact, but that was out of his nature. Out of his comfort zone. The day he'd be the one to start a conversation with anyone other than kuroo is the day Japan freezes over.

So he remained silent.

"And this is Nekoma High's captivating yard" Kuroo said with a crooked smile

What? We're already out of the building? How long have I been awkwardly tailing beside them? Is it even still reces-

"Its wonderful! This is actually the only part of the school I'm actually familiar with" [Name] piqued ending her sentence with a short laugh.

Oh wow.

"Kenma, you haven't talked much. Are you okay?" [name] questioned

Oh what an angel you are to only notice me now He thought sarcastically.

"I'm fine" was all Kenma could mutter.

"Oh come on Kenma! Don't be so cold to our new found friend" Kuroo said engulfing his head within his arm.

All he could do was sigh

"Hey, you and Kenma are in the same class, aren't you [Name]-san?"

"Oh yes! We are! I sit right beside him actually"

Kuroo let out one of his hideous laughs

"Kenma that's so not fair!" Kuroo said slapping his back

"What do you mean?" Kenma said a little venom laced in his question

"Oh nothing, I just thought about how lucky you are to sit next to a pretty lady" Kuroo smirked looking Kenma in the eyes

He saw [Name] pulling her gaze away, her face flustered by Kuroo's comment but didn't mutter anything.

"Well, that's all for our tour. Glad to be your guide m'lady" Kuroo said winking at [Name] for god knows how many times already.

[name] simply muttered a simple thank you, her cheeks still slightly red but not too noticable. Of course, Kenma did though.

"There's still a few more minutes before recess ends, might as well spend the rest of it with us right" Kuroo said with too much enthusiasm, he sounds desperate.

"Oh I'd love to!" [name] replies with also too much enthusiasm.

Kenma just averted his gaze to the ground. He didn't have anything to say anyways.

All three of you spent your remaining recess time eating under a tree in the school yard eating lunch. [Name] tried to engage a few conversations with Kenma, but he always cuts them short with his blunt replies. [Name] thought that she was annoying to him so she just left him alone. He didn't want to bother him more. You're already taking up his friend.

"Come on kiddos, its time to get back to class before you're late" Kuroo got up from his seat under the tree, ready to retreat to class.

"Kuroo we're a year younger than you" Kenma sassily replied to Kuroo calling the both of you 'kiddos'

"If you're younger, you're younger Kenma now get off your ass and get going to class" kenma sighed for the umpteenth time.

You let out a sweet laugh. You might grow fond of their little antics at this rate.

Maybe moving wasn't so bad

The last bell of the day rang indicating that its time for you to make your way home.

You had completely forgotten about how you had the wrong person this morning.

Well almost forgotten atleast.

Although there was a problem, you couldn't walk back home, alone at least. You wanted to have someone as company. Even if it was a mere stranger from school. You were afraid of what might happen when you're alone. Your mother has always warned you about walking outside alone at night. You glanced at Kenma, hoping that he could accompany you.

"Hey.. Kenma" you peeped

"Yeah"

"Let's walk home togeth-"

"I can't sorry"

You felt a little panicked at his response

"Why is that?" You may came off as rude, but that was because your anxiety rose at the thought of walking home alone.

"I have club activities."

Ah.

Kenma noticed your stressed expression as he went in thought for a moment.

"Do you.. want to join me? I'm guessing you don't want to walk home alone, considering you don't have friends."

Wow

"Oh actually that'd be lovely! Oh and also, I do have friends Kenma. I think of you as one" You said mustering up the sweetest smile you could produce.

Kenma watched you in awe before putting on his poker face.

"Ok"

You blinked at his response and sighed. Nothing moves this boy.

"Come on" Kenma mutters ushering you to follow him and I do.

-

"Yo [Name]!" Kuroo waves

"Oh my! Kuroo! I didn't know you and Kenma played volleyball!"

"Well there's still a lot more you have yet to find out about us" Kuroo laughed "oh btw, what are you doing here?"

"I brought her here, I plan to walk her home since she doesn't have friends"

Rude!

"Well that's where you're wrong Kenma, because I am one of [Name]'s friends" Kuroo smirked at Kenma as he just glared at the bed head.

"Aww kuroo" you laughed at his little antics.

"I'm sure the coach will let ya stay, RIGHT COACH!" He screamed from across the court as their coach signals a thumbs up.

"See" Kuroo smiled and I mirrored it