the orphanage home

𓈃 𝗜𝗦𝗟𝗔 ° 𔘓
𖥻 𝗂𝗇𝗍𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗭𝗛𝗔𝗢 𝗗𝗔𝗜 𝗬𝗨┊ ִֶָ𓂅

𓈃 𝗜𝗦𝗟𝗔 ° 𔘓𖥻 𝗂𝗇𝗍𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗭𝗛𝗔𝗢 𝗗𝗔𝗜 𝗬𝗨┊ ִֶָ𓂅

"whoa, this place brought back all my childhood memories..."

isla said when the van stopped in front of the gate of the orphanage home at the corner of the street. she saw at least 15 children playing outdoors at their small playground. 

"this is exciting," isla chuckled as she waited for the van's door to be opened. 

when the door opened, she got down slipped her phone into her jeans pocket behind her, and walked into the compound through the gate. 

"isla is here!" isla heard a woman say as she entered. 

"aunt maria!" isla exclaimed as she ran in tiny steps and embraced the middle-aged woman. 

"you look so gorgeous, isla!" aunt maria, the owner of the orphanage said. 

isla smiled, "thank you. you look really bright!" 

aunt maria laughed, "oh, you girl. we missed you coming here. you haven't come in approximately, 6 months." 

isla chuckled, "my apologies. i was very busy with my life." 

aunt maria grinned, "of course you are. congratulations on getting married." 

isla smiled while holding aunt maria's hand, "it's a regret you couldn't attend my wedding."

aunt maria just smiled, "i saw the photos that you sent. i'm sure you had an amazing wedding. you two looked so sweet and loving."

isla chuckled. 

"let's get inside. it's windy out here. the kids are going inside soon too," said aunt maria, hugging isla's upper arm. 

then, the two of them went inside the orphanage building. as they walked through the hallways, aunt maria talked to isla about what was new or what was happening throughout the time isla missed.

"still a lot of children haven't found their home?" isla asked. 

aunt maria shook her head gently, "we recently got more infants actually which is very worrying."

isla sighed softly.

"we're struggling to make ends meet even. paying the salary of workers. the kids' meal. i'm glad that the government is helping with the kids' school. but food?" aunt maria explained. 

isla stopped at the door of a room where the children were making clay arts. 

"come on. the kids are doing some art," aunt maria said, entering the room followed by isla behind her. 

isla smiled as she watched the kids doing all sorts of shapes using their clays. some are making animal shapes. their tiny hands making those makes them even cuter. there are a lot of photo frames hanging on the wall at the back of the wall. 

"there's you," aunt maria pointed at a frame. 

isla laughed when she saw herself in the photo frame. she was holding a painting in her hand.

"good for you. i'm really glad you are on your own and you have your beautiful life already. you're doing what you love and you live comfortably. i'm really happy for you," aunt maria said.

isla just smiled. 

suddenly, isla felt a light poke on her waist behind, poking a few times. she turned back to see a small girl, looking up at isla. isla smiled and squatted. 

"hi, sweetie. what's your name?" isla asked with a smile. 

"my name is lavender. but everyone call me dong," the little girl said. 

"hi, dong. how old are you?" isla asked again. 

"i am six years old," dong replied. 

"you look more mature than your age. how are you doing?" isla asked her. 

"i am doing fine. how are you?" she asked. 

isla chuckled, "amazing."

"have you ever stayed here?" dong asked. 

isla nodded, "yes. i stayed here for a long time. how long have you been here?" 

dong blinked a few times before answering, "maybe a year. i don't know."

isla gave her a thin smile, "how is it living here?"

"i have a lot of friends!" dong grinned widely. 

"you love that you have a lot of friends?" isla asked her. 

dong nodded quickly, "and all mama is caring and loving to us!" 

isla smiled. 

"how did you become an orphan? did your parents leave you in the park? my parents left me in the park during winter. but aunt suzy found me before i nearly died..." 

isla's smile faded upon hearing her story and turned to aunt maria. aunt maria nodded, verifying it.

isla then smiled again, "my parents died in a car crash. they had a lot of injuries and died even before going to the hospital..."

"oh, it must be painful for you to see your parents..." dong said. 

isla smiled and chuckled softly. 

it was.

💗💗💗

"isla, the trucks have arrived," said her manager. 

"what truck?" aunt maria asked, putting her mug of tea on the table. 

"come see it for yourself," isla smiled as she got up from her seat. aunt maria followed isla closely from behind and towards the main door of the orphanage home. 

when they reached the door, aunt maria was surprised. 

there were three huge trucks parked by the roadside and there were a lot of workers who were with their trolleys to make it easier to transport things. 

"what are these?" aunt maria asked isla. 

"just wait and see," isla grinned. 

"bring those in!" said the manager before the workers started taking out things from the trucks. 

there were huge boxes of dry food. not only one type of dry food. maybe more than 20 types of dry food that can be kept for a long time. two trucks were mainly for food. 

the third truck was furniture. new pieces of furniture, storage boxes, house essentials, women's sanitary pads, hygiene products, and others. it was unending. 

"when did you even buy all these, isla?" aunt maria asked in shock. 

isla smiled, "i don't need to go to the store to buy these all, aunt maria. i haven't donated a cent to this home for almost a year. it's not me if i don't donate a cent."

"i will have a few people coming over to keep the supply on and on. don't worry. just continue with your daily life. i'll try to make your work easier and you all less stressed. provide the children with a comfortable life as well."

"thank you, isla," aunt maria hugged isla tightly. 

"you're welcome, aunt."

"thank you. so much."