Chapter Twenty Six-Nathan

"So Alpha," Micah turned around in the front seat, "I don't think I know the story of how you and my sister met."

"Micah," Paige said in warning. They had barely left the pack house, Nathan was wondering if Micah would bring this up. He was surprised it was so early.

"What? We have a two hour car ride ahead of us. And since you're locked up tighter than Fort Knox I gotta get my information somehow."

"Did you ever think there was a reason I haven't said anything?"

"You mean besides the fact that you mix superglue in your lip balm? No, not really. I also don't care. You're too taciturn for your own good Waldo."

"Where the hell did you learn a word like that?"

"What taciturn? When talking about a person, it means reserved and uncommunicative. Sound like anyone?"

"I know what it means! I'm asking how you know what it means."

"They're called books."

"Since when do you read?"

"Since Madeline, she's really into them so I read some of her favorites. Did you know Jane Austen wrote some absolute bangers? Like, Sense and Sensibility didn't have to go that hard; but she did that."

Paige looked at her brother with shock, "I have been trying to get you to read something other than Harry Potter for years. You've known her for three months and she's got you reading Jane Austen." She shook her head. "She is one impressive female."

"Yeah, well." He blushed. "If it makes her happy and all."

"Aww my little brother's in love."

"Shut it Waldo."

"Don't call me that." She said at the same time Nathan asked, "Waldo?" He looked between the two siblings. He had been watching the exchange between them with amusement. He knew that Paige was fiercely devoted to her brother and sister. They were the ones who protected her from the bullying of the other kids. Even though Paige was the oldest, she was also the smallest.

"Because we could never find her. She was always hiding from the rest of the pack. I was the only one who could get her to come back home after they were particularly bad." He said with pride. "Got her to come home this time too."

"I'm not hiding in London, I'm working."

"Yeah, and you weren't hiding in Asia for a year either. Which brings us back to how you met the Alpha."

"I thought we were leaving it at glitter bombs." Paige said trying to push him off the topic again. It was something she was good at, it had taken a while for Nathan to realize when she was doing it when they first met. When ever he had things he wanted to know about her, he'd go in with the intent to casually bring it up in conversation but she always directed the conversation away. It was two months before she actually told him something real about herself. Now he's able to ignore her attempts at side tracking and keep the conversation on point.

"We were, but then Sophie and I made a bet, so..." he shrugged. "Alpha, give me the deets and help me win some bragging rights. Was it love at first sight, did you sweep her off her feet?" It seems Micah knew how to keep her on point too.

"Hardly," Nathan let out a chuckle. "I mean, it was for me. Not so much for her though."

Paige snorted, "Please, you were too drunk to be anything at first sight. Especially after I put you on your ass."

"I'm sorry, you what?" Micah asked incredulously, "My tiny little sister Paige put you, our big strong Alpha, on his ass? I find that incredibly hard to believe."