Chapter Thirty Two-Paige

They next day passed in a blur for Paige. Since they had exhausted all other options for waking her wolf, they could only wait on Professor Moran. Before she knew it, she was getting ready for her date with Nathan. Since she didn't pack anything suitable for a date she had to ask Sophie for something.

"Wear this one." She said handing her a black dress that was entirely out of her comfort zone.

"That looks more like a dress you'd wear to a club, not something for a dinner date."

"It might be a club dress on me," her sister said, "But with our height difference it'll be perfect on you. We'll just do some clever safety pin alterations and you'll look irresistible."

"I don't want to look irresistible, I just want to look nice." Sophie snorted at her.

"It's this or the passion red one I have." She said holding up a red dress that was even more revealing. Paige grumbled and took the black dress.

She did her hair in her natural curls, letting it gently fall down her shoulders. She wore minimal make-up as always. Ever since traveling through South East Asia, where the heat and humidity would make any make up you put on melt off after just a few hours, and living out of a backpack with very little space, she had given up on make up. Her routine consisted of a little concealer, a little powder, and some mascara. For tonight she added just a dusting of eye shadow, eye liner and a tinted lip balm.

She stood in front of the full length mirror in her room. Gazing at herself in the mirror she felt like herself for the first time in a long time, perhaps ever. Nathan was right when he said they'd never been on a proper date. It was always group outings or hanging out after everyone else went to bed. Once they were left to travel together on their, own they never really left each other's side. While she had never looked like this while she was with Nathan, she knew that if they had gotten the chance to live in London like they had planned then this is what she would have looked like.

A knock on her door pulled her from her thoughts. "Hey," Sophie said, sticking her head in. "He's here." Paige's heart skipped a beat. Upon seeing she sister smirk, knowing she could hear it with her enhanced hearing she told her to knock it off. "I can't help that I have superior senses," Sophie replied.

Paige grabbed the small clutch she was borrowing from Sophie and made sure her phone, wallet, and lip balm were all in there. She noticed some condoms that she definiatley did not put in there and weren't in there earlier.

"Sophie what the hell is this?" she hissed.

Her sister tried to look innocent and failed. "Safety first," was all she said. "Come on, you want to get down there before dad comes out of his study. I'm sure he's already scented the Alpha."

She took a deep breath and followed Sophie out into the hall. She started down the stairs and stopped half way down when she saw Nathan standing in the foyer waiting for her. He looked like he could have walked off the cover of a fashion magazine. He wore a maroon pair of slim cut slacks, a light blue button up and a navy blazer. He heard her coming and looked up at her.

Her breath caught as she took him in. His sharp, usually intimidating features softened as he looked at her. A smile split across his face, making him look much more like the twenty-nine year old he is rather than the leader of one of the largest packs in the Northeast. His dark brown hair was perfectly coifed back away from his deep blue eyes.

The sound of her name on his lips made her heart do a little flip. He said it almost like a prayer. Their eyes met and she felt fire ignite her soul. She didn't know how she could have ever truly thought she was over him. She couldn't help the smile the spread across her face as he met her at the bottom of the stairs.