♡ Haunted - Tony

It was getting strange in the tower, you felt watched. Hated. Every time you moved, it felt like there was eyes on you, glaring daggers into your back. And it was worse if Tony touched you. You had been with him for only a few months, but you noticed if he kissed you or hugged you, that there was an oppressive feeling always at your back. It made you physically cringe and curl in on yourself. Nobody else seemed to notice it, that doors suddenly slammed or what felt like cold fingers trailed the back of your neck.

"Honey, why are you over there?" Tony asks.

You were huddled away from him in the corner of the couch, a blanket over you as you buried yourself further into the seat.

"Honey?" he asks again and you shrug.

"It's comfy here" you mutter and he frowns.

He gets up and sits beside you, taking your hand with a smile. He settles back, but it makes you tense up and he feels it.

"What is wrong with you? You've been acting weird for days now" his face is pensive as he watches you.

"You won't believe me" you look away but he takes your chin and makes you look at him.

"Y/n, tell me. I can't help if I don't know" he looks worried.

"I feel like something is watching me. All the time. And it feels...bad" you whisper and his brows shoot up.

"I was not expecting that" he mumbles.

"I told you you wouldn't believe me" you turn away, but again he makes you look at him.

"Do you feel unsafe?" he asks and you nod.

"Okay. What exactly does it feel like? Is it like someone watching through the windows or...?" he looks at how high up you are, frowning.

"No, it's in here. And mostly when I'm around you" you whisper and he goggles at you.

"You feel unsafe around me? Honey I would never hurt you" he takes you hands and kisses them.

"No it's not you. It's when I'm around you, it feels like someone is glaring at me whenever I'm near you Tony" you sigh.

Even now you could feel it, as soon as Tony had sat beside you. It felt like someone breathing down your neck, it felt malicious, like it wanted you to suffer.

"I don't know what to say" he tells you honestly.

"Neither do I, that's why I didn't tell you sooner" you get up and Tony watches you.

"Where are you going?" he asks as you head for the door.

"I need some tea to calm me down" you head for the kitchen.

You can hear Tony mumbling to himself, you never wanted him to think it was him. He had been loving and kind, if a little scatter brained, but that was just Tony. You didn't want him to think you didn't want him, you loved him. But there something here that didn't like that, not one bit.

"Honey I can ask..Holy shit" you spin at Tony's words and gasp.

A knife was hovering behind you, it dropped when you turned and saw it. You look at Tony, who's eyes are wide. He hurries over and grabs you up, ushering you both out the kitchen. He shouts for Friday to get the others to your shared room. Your pulse beats in your ears, you knew. You knew something didn't like you and Tony together, you just didn't understand why. Tony wraps his arms around you, your shaking hard and tears slip over your cheeks.

"TONY!" Nat yells as she runs in the room.

"What's going on?" She runs to you and hugs you as well.

Steve, Sam, Wanda and Vision enter the room. All looking shocked to see their friend crying and shaking. Tony gets up and grabs his pad, he flicks his wrist and the screen projects onto the white wall. You can see yourself making your tea, the draw behind you opens without noise and the knife hovers behind you. You blink at how long it was there before Tony disturbed it and it drops to the floor.