Sirens Call- Clint

Clint follows the team through the dark corridors, the old base is silent except for a dripping noise and the sound of tubes flushing water.

"Has this place been empty long?" he asks.

"Intel said they cleared out when they knew we were coming, they left everything behind" Steve tells him.

"So what are we looking for?" Clint turns his hearing aid down, the dripping was grating on his nerves.

"Nothing in particular right now, just a search of the area" Steve says and Clint nods.

"Clint and me will go left, Nat and Tony right and Wanda and Vision straight ahead" the team nods and heads in their directions.

Steve pushes a door open, the room is full of large tubes, people sized tubes Clint notes. A murky tank is ahead, the water ripples and eyes appear from its depth. Steve and Clint move closer as the eyes blink warily at them. Its a woman they realise as she pulls herself to the edge, her long hair floating around her head.

These people were strange looking, they weren't wearing the white coats the others had and they seem more cautious than curious. The others had been cruel and intent on hurting you. The tall one smiles and steps closer, he takes off the helmet he wears so you can see his face better.

"Hi, I'm Steve Rogers. Can you tell me your name?" he steps right up to your tank.

"I am y/n" you say quietly.

"Thats an oddly human name. What are you?" the shorter man asks.

"I am part siren, my mother was a full blood who fell in love with a human" you explain.

"A siren? Like the mythical beings that killed men by singing?" he asks and you nod.

"My father was a fishermen, he found my mother injured and cared for her. She did not know men could be kind until she met him. My kind only kill those who would harm us, the myths you have read are just that. Myths" he still looked wary of you.

"Whats that around your neck?" Steve asks.

"It is how they stopped my singing" you claw at the metal strapped to your neck.

"Would you like me to take it off?" he asks and you nod emphatically.

"Cap, is that a good idea? She just said she kills men" you frown at his words.

"Clint, she's obviously a prisoner here" Steve reaches for the strap.

"I will not hurt anyone" you promise.

The metal box crumbles under Steve's strength and he tugs the strap away. You smile and feel at your sore neck.

"Thank you" you pull up to kiss him but Clint draws an arrow and fires.

You hiss when it grazes your arm, blood wells instantly. You turn and glare at him and hum a tune. Steve freezes up, his eyes glazing over. But Clint draws another arrow and aims at your heart.

"Stop what you're doing" he yells.

The hum dies in your throat, it wasn't affecting him. You frown and move backwards away from them. Steve blinks and shakes his head.

"What happened?" he looks at Clint and back to you.

"She went for you so I fired" Clint explain.

"I was not going for him, I was going to kiss him and you hurt me" you back away some more.

"You were under because she hummed a tune" Clint growls in your direction.

"Why would I hurt the person who helped me?" you growl back.