A Tower Haunting - Steve

"I can't believe we are doing this" you mutter and sit back.

"Come on, it's Halloween and it'll be fun" Tony nudges you and sets the board up.

"Where did you get it?" you ask suspiciously.

"Why? You scared?" he laughs.

"I've seem this movie, we all die" you fold your arms and Nat laughs.

"Its just a ouija board and I got it from that antique shop down the road" he mutters, shaking his head.

"Christ, an antique shop? You're just asking to be haunted Tony" you down your drink, you were gonna need it for this.

"Where's Cap, I'm not doing this without protection" Tony and Nat laugh at you.

"Condoms, we need condoms over here!" Tony yells and you sink further into your seat.

"Oh god, what game are we playing to need condoms?" Steve walks in looking worried.

"We don't" you glare at Tony.

"Okay let's start, everyone touch the thingy" he points at the planchette.

You all sit for a few minutes but nothing happens, you're all looking around and at each other. The planchette finally moves and you glare at Tony.

"Stop moving it" you growl and he holds his hands up.

"Its not me" he looks at Nat and she does the same.

"Steve seriously?" you ask and he shakes his head.

You duck under the table to check incase Tony was screwing with you all but there's nothing. You all take your hands off and it starts to spin. You wave over the top of it, no strings there.

"I don't know how you're doing this Tony but you need to stop" you stand up.

"Y/n wait" Nat stands as well but points at the board.

Its spelling your name out, you step back and Steve grabs your hand, squeezing it.

"Why is it repeating my name?" you whisper.

It stops and starts to spell something else out, Nat writes it down as it moves quicker and quicker.

"Hell is empty and all the devils are here. What the fuck does that mean?" Nat asks. It moves again.

"Once upon a time, there was a girl and the girl had a shadow, but a boy of light stood by her, keeping the shadow at bay. But now the devils are here, walking among us. And the boys light is changed. Poor girl, timid girl. Run rabbit, run" it stops and you shudder.

Something ice cold sweeps over the room, the lights flicker and Steve squeezes your hand painfully. When the lights come back on, the room feels weird. Oppressive some how, everyone looks at each other, a tinge of fear making the room reek.

You step forward and knock the board hard to the floor, you pant and Nat grabs you.

"Its okay, it stopped" she hums quietly to you.

"What was all that about, what is said? Who is the girl? Is it me? It kept repeating my name" you pant and look around wildly.

Steve steps forward and pulls you into his arms, he glares at Tony. He picks you up and carries you off.

"Well I think we know who the girl and boy are" you hear Tony say to Nat.

"Its okay y/n, it was just a stupid game" Steve opens your door and puts you on your bed.

He pushes your hair back and looks at your wide eyes, of all the things that could scare you, ghosts he was not expecting. When he goes to leave, you grab his hand.