♡ To feed the soul - Bucky

You were sat in the conference room explaining about a rift that had been opened into this world. An interdimensional being had gotten through and had killed some people near the docks. You needed a spell to re-open the portal, so when the team kicked the creatures ass, you could send it back where it came from.

"So what do you need for the spell to work?" Tony asks.

"Uh, some herbs and candles that I already have. I'll have to use my blood and I'll need energy, dark energy" you chew your lip as you read from the scroll infront of you.

"And what is dark energy exactly?" Steve frowns at you.

This is the part you didn't want to explain, it was humiliating and the person you needed it from didn't like you, just as much as you didn't like him.

"We all have an inherent energy, it can be tainted or purified by a persons soul and intent of will. Steve's is a bright gold because he is a good person. I need dark energy because the creature came from a dark realm. If I used Steve's the spell would go catastrophically wrong and could kill me, if I use my own I'll drain before the spell is complete and the rift won't open" they all nod along.

"So who has enery dark enough to be used?" Nat's eyes sparkle when she asks, she damn well knew who you would need to use.

"Bucky" you sigh, he glares at you.

It wasn't that he was bad, far from it. But the things he had went through left a mark on his soul and it reflected in the energy he gave off. You weren't sure he would go for this, he really didn't like you and the feeling was mutal. He was a cocky asshole, he loved to put you down when training. Of course you were weaker than everyone else, all you had was spell casting. But you had made a point to train and keep up as well as you could. And because you couldn't toss a full grown man over your shoulder, Bucky constantly complained about you. You were stubborn and why he didn't like you was you're own fault. He had tried to help and you had sent him on his way, you wanted to be able to do it yourself. You hated the thought of being weak and helpless, and your spells more than made up for your lack of strength. But you had relied on yourself for a long time, so people wanting to help made you edgy. And now he hated you for it.

"What do I have to do?" he growls out.

"Uh, well..." he snorts when you don't answer quick enough.

"Do you even know what you're doing?" he gets to his feet and walks away angrily.

You sigh and look at your hands, you did know. You just didn't want to say it out loud and infront of the whole team.

"Steve, can I talk to you privately please?" you ask and he nods getting up.

He leads you to the kitchen, the rest of the team staying behind. He grabs a coffee for you and him and sits opposite you.

"Is it bad? What you have to do to him, is it bad?" he asks pensive.

"I depends on your definition of bad really. To most people it would just be awkward. But to him, with the way he feels about me, it'll be bad" you tap your fingers on your cup.

"I have to have sex with him" you say and Steve coughs up his drink.

"Yeah, I don't think he'll go for that doll. But, uh, why sex exactly?" he asks.

"When two people come together that way, they share more than just their bodies. And I'm not talking fluids, you share a piece of your energy and the spell I would cast would transfer all of his energy to me so I could open the rift" you bite your lip and Steve nods.

"And there's no other way to open the rift at all?" he asks and you shake your head.

"No and believe me I've looked everywhere for another way" you could tell Steve thought it was a lost cause already.