♡ To feed the Soul 2 - Bucky

You step through and the team watches you, Nat's eyes are wide as she looks you over.

"What is that light?" she mutters.

"It's Bucky's energy. Have you found the creature?" you ask.

"It's hiding in some pipes, we just need to flush it out" Steve tells you.

"Okay, I'll open the rift while you guys kick ass" Steve nods and leads the team away.

You had to clear your mind, Bucky was right at the front of it. You were worried about him, he hadn't looked good when you left him. His face was so pale and the shadows under his eyes were very dark. You chew your lip and take a deep breath, you needed to concentrate otherwise you could open the rift to the wrong place.

You can hear the team fighting, gunshots and blasters echoing in the dark night. You push it all away, trying to pick up on the trail the creature had left behind. You smile, it was there. It felt like an inky blackness covering your skin, it was no wonder the thing had come through. If you lived in a world of perpetual darkness, you would search out the light as well. But you held no sympathy for it, the creature had killed. It had to go back.

                                ***

Bucky huffs as he pulls himself up, his limbs felt shakey and weak. He makes it to your bathroom, seeing his gray form in the mirror. He kept getting a bad feeling in his gut, like you were in trouble or going to be. It had to be the spell, like you had left a small part of yourself behind in him. He grabs his clothes and dresses as fast as he can, the portal you used was still open but shrinking. He stumbles over to it, it was the size of a sewer cover now. He dives through before it gets any smaller. He lands with a grunt and rolls to his back.

"Oh fuck that hurt" he grumbles and gets up on unsteady feet.

Now he just had to find you and make sure you were okay. It shouldn't be hard hopefully. He groans and stops, his legs were shaking badly now.

"Fucking stupid spell" he mutters and keeps moving.

It sucked that you only needed him because his energy was dark, and it told him he was exactly who he thought he was. A bad guy, he frowns at his own thoughts. He didn't think you thought that, or he hoped you didn't. You had nearly done it with Rumlow which had left him feeling angry and hurt. Rumlow was a really bad guy and you hadn't wanted to do the spell with him. So what the hell did it mean that you chose him or rather needed him? He smiles when he remembers making you admit you needed him, or when he said you were his. He sighs, he hadn't taken it well when you pushed him away. He realised now that you were just stubborn and to reliant on yourself, to used to people letting you down. He decides right then he would be one of the people you could trust, he would be there when you needed him. And now that he had gotten a taste of you, you was locked firmly in his brain and he wasn't letting go any time soon.

                                ***

You pant as the rift opens, the darkness leaks out. It was so black that it swallowed the light. Now you just had to hold it open long enough for the team to get the creature here and guard it from anything else coming out. There's a crash behind you and an awful scream. The creature flies through the air and lands a few feet from you, the team behind it looking battered and bloody.

"Oh thank god" you mutter.

Steve and Tony grab it and carry it towards you, your nose scrunches up at the smell of sulphur wafting from it.

"Toss it in before I barf" you dry heave as they get closer.

"Yeah, because this thing is light" Tony huffs.