Chapter 2: New Home and a Parent.

Three days later)

At the cemetery of the dead, on one knee was Shin who's face was leaked with tears as he stared at his Wife's tombstone and grave.

He had been in mourning and in sadness of the loss of losing his beloved Wife Retsu... and his future daughter that is now missing.

( Flashback)

Shin Found Retsu nearby a river at the verge of death... as he ran to her side picking her up.

" Retsu! Please! stay alive! wake up!" He pleaded with tears now swelling up in his eyes.

She cracked Opened her eyes feeling lightheaded she was almost at death's doorstep staring at the crying face of her Husband.

" Retsu! please don't die! where is Our daughter!?" He asked seeing her not answer away.

" Our daughter... is... in a far away... safe place... she will be in good hands... " She said weakly

" Retsu... please don't die! please!" He pleaded seeing her shake her head weakly.

" I'm sorry... Shin... I'm afraid it's too late for me... but... please will you do one more favor and last wish for me..." She spoke seeing him nod...

" If you ever... see our daughter... please don't kill her... i have faith that even if she is a Yokai... she won't go down the path she was meant to be.. will you promise me that...?" She said seeing him look hesitant

" I will try to fufil your dying wish... Retsu-chan..." He said cupping her face

" Shin-kun... don't just 'try'... do it for me... please..." Were her last words as she closed her eyes as tears dropped on her face Shin cried holding his dead wife.

( Flashback End)

After her funeral he would just come and visit her grave grieving and mourning...

When he arrived at the funeral he was greeted with glares by her family... mainly her father given him a scornful scowl.

He was just full of guilt.. for the actions he caused he didn't bother to show up at the Monk Temple.

Without looking he spoke.

" Shin..." Said a voice as The grieving Monk turned around and glared at his fellow monk friend.

" What do you want Aoba?" Said Shin in a monotone.

" Is it a bad time to come..." He said flinching at Shin's stare.

" What do you think?" He said looking away from Aoba.

" Shin... im sorry about your loss... i know some of us are..." Said Aoba

" Sorry? No you're not... neither of you are... I lost my wife... and my daughter... is now missing... gone far away from here wherever Retsu sent her" Spoke Shin scowling.

" Why are you here...?" Asked Shin..

" Master Rankai... he wants to see you..." Aoba said looking at his friend's reaction.

" No. tell the old man that I'm not coming" Shin said Shocking Aoba.

" Sh-Shin! you can't disobey Master Rankai's orders!?" He said coming closer to his friend only to flinch and widen his eyes seeing Shin pull out his Sacred Bow and Arrows aiming at Aoba.

" I'm only going to say this once Aoba... I'm not going to see him or any other monk. tell them to leave me alone in peace i will come when I have the time. Now get out of here" He said harshly at his friend who looked away now leaving as he returned staring at Retsu's tombstone.