Friends, family, loved ones

Scorpius and Albus sat next to each other in the Slytherin common room, thinking it was time to tell their loved ones about their relationship.

"Your dad will be fine. He was always nice to me when I was at your place. It's going to be worse with my dad," Albus sighed.

Scorpius took him by the shoulders. "You think? Did he say something? Did he complain about me?"

"No, but you know how he hates your dad. You're just a Malfoy, and that's unforgivable."

"We'll just tell my dad for now and see," Scorpius decided. "Don't worry, okay?" He pulled Albus close and kissed him in such a way that before long, they both didn't care what anyone thought because neither of them was capable of any coherent thought. Scorpius wrote to Draco that he was bringing Albus along for the holidays, and they received a warm invitation.

Albus was nervous all the way to Malfoy Manor anyway.

"Albus, my dad won't bite you," Scorpius reassured him. "Maybe he'll be glad I'm not with Rose. He doesn't think we're a good match with her."

"He'd probably imagine someone better for you."

"Shhh. There is no one better. It's just you. It's always just been you." Scorpius pressed his finger to Albus' lips to stop him from saying any more nonsense about how he was useless, and Scorpius was too good for him. Scorpius didn't like Albus' self-deprecation and blamed Harry a little for it. There were times when Albus' relationship with his father was less than ideal. It was better now, and Scorpius could understand that his friend was afraid of another conflict because he still liked Harry very much.

"It'll be good, you'll see," he encouraged Albus, opening the gate to Malfoy Manor. He led Albus straight into the house, hoping to find his dad at home. They had arrived a few hours earlier than agreed, and Draco was supposed to be waiting for them at the station later. But Scorpius had just received a certificate for apparition and had to show that he could do it, so this time, they let the Hogwarts Express leave without them.

Scorpius squeezed Albus's hand tightly and opened the door. They entered the corridor. They were startled to hear voices. It should be noted that familiar voices. Although they sounded somehow completely different...

Both boys crept around the living room, ears pricked up. Scorpius peeked through the ajar door into the room and almost cried out in surprise. He watched the friendly conversation between the two men. His dad and Albus's dad, and they normally have fun together. When did they become friends? Scorpius left so Albus could take a look and take some comfort in their situation, now looking much more hopeful. Albus looked into the room and couldn't believe his eyes. His dad Harry kisses Mr. Malfoy! He had never seen his face so tender.

Albus couldn't help but let out a yelp, and the two men jumped away from each other in shock. Harry made his way to the door where the disturbing sound came from.

Albus instinctively ducked behind Scorpius, but Harry still had that soft look on his face that he didn't know.

"Welcome home," Harry said with a smile.

"Home?"

"Well, yes. Draco and I agreed to live together. I suppose the two of you won't mind."

Albus was still staring at him with his mouth open until Harry held him close and let all his fears melt away. This was finally the hug he had been waiting for. Safe, accepting, loving. After a while, however, he felt like he was being squashed because Scorpius and Draco were hugging him from the other side.