Rainy Day

Harry promised little Scorpius that they would go flying around on broomsticks. Scorpius only had a child broom, but Harry used to take him for a ride on his Nimbus, and the boy loved the wind blowing in his face and his dad holding him tight and safe. He had nothing to worry about with Harry.

Draco had a lot of work planned for today. Potions needed to be finished for St. Mungo's Hospital. He was glad that Harry had taken time off to watch over Scorpius.

In the morning, they were awakened by the rain drumming on the window. Scorpius was disappointed and let it be known loudly. Draco was losing his temper. He fled to his laboratory and left his son with Harry.

"I'll make it up to you." He kissed Harry's cheek and looked down guiltily.

"We're going to have a good time together, aren't we, Scorp?" Harry winked at his son and smiled gently at his husband.

"Don't worry, we'll have fun."

So, Draco immersed himself fully in his work and soon forgot about time.

Suddenly, the door opened, and a blond head peeked into the laboratory.

"What's going on, honey?"

"Daddy fell asleep," Scorpius said cheerfully. "We took turns reading, and when it was my turn, I read so well it put him to sleep."

"Well done, Scorp!" Draco beamed with pride.

"Can I help you?"

"Potions won't wait, that's for sure. Take your protective cloak and watch over these cauldrons. You'll make it."

Scorpius took his task very seriously. That day, he and Draco prepared not only a full batch of potions for the hospital but also a hair conditioner for Harry.