Corn maze

Hogwarts held a field trip to the corn maze for the second and third years. However, Albus Potter, currently still a first-year student, had a brilliant idea to participate in the event as well.

"Scorpius, don't say you don't want to go," he coaxed his friend.

"And how do you want to get there? Freshmen simply can't go."

"I've got this, look!" Albus proudly showed Scorpius the rather shabby cloak. He covered himself with it, and Scorpius cried out. All that remained of Albus was his head!

"Cloak of invisibility! I thought there was no such thing. How did you get it?"

"I found it at my brother's. Dad lent it to him. I can borrow it one day, too. Well, that moment came just today."

"I don't know, what if they catch us? We would be in serious trouble."

"Ah, you're a coward, Scorp. You are no fun."

However, Scorpius could not take such an insult, so he promised his friend to participate in the event. They sneaked onto the school bus unnoticed, and without any problems, hidden under the cloak, they entered the maze with the older students. Soon, they were alone and could finally have fun without worry. Scorpius was bouncing happily beside Albus, feeling very brave. They weren't keeping track of time, enjoying their freedom, eating the chocolate that Scorpius had providentially packed for the trip. They were excited about their trip.

Scorpius suddenly saw several small lizards. The sight intrigued him, he stopped for a moment and watched the nimble animals disappearing into the corn.

"Albus, come see!" He turned. He didn't see his friend anywhere. He ran to the left. Albus was nowhere to be found. He made his way back but still couldn't find Albus. He ran around the maze, confused. It was getting dark. He heard the bus engines. This means that the students are already leaving, and he is completely lost and forgotten here. And where is Albus? Did he leave with the others, or is he still looking for him?

"Albuuus!" He yelled as loudly as possible, but the sound died away in the rustling of the corn.

It was night, and little Malfoy was shivering with cold, hunger and fear. He didn't know almost any real magic yet. He at least tried to conjure up Lumos, but as scared as he was, he couldn't even do that. He wept bitterly.

It was the first time he was anywhere alone and unaided. Every sound, every rustle startled him. His desperation grew every minute. He was sure that he would die of horror there.

In a moment, he saw a light approaching. Albus finally found him!

His friend leaned towards him. "Are you okay?" He shined a regular muggle flashlight in his face.

Scorpius was ashamed of his tears and wiped his face on his sleeve. "Yes, of course I am."

"How could you get lost here, Merlin's beard?"

"I was watching the lizards, and suddenly you were gone. Why did you leave me alone?"

"I would never leave you alone, I thought you were following me. Are you mad at me?"

Scorpius shook his head.

"We have to get out of here," Albus said.

"I'm cold, and I don't feel like walking, I'm tired," Scorpius whined. "And it's dark. We won't find a way out anyway." Albus thought that Malfoy was rather spoiled, but after all, Albus got them into this mess, so he can't complain.

He sat down next to Scorpius, took off his robe, and draped it over Scorpius. Both of them felt cold. They moved closer and warmed each other.

"Thank you for finding me, for not leaving without me," Scorpius whispered.

"I would never do that to you. You are my best friend, and I will stay with you forever."

Scorpius smiled charmingly at him. Albus was a hero to him. He snuggled closer to him, yawned and fell asleep. Albus gently stroked his hair so he could sleep peacefully. His eyes slowly glazed over when he was interrupted by a booming male voice.

"Here they are!"

Albus squinted to see his dad with a full squad of Aurors and Hogwarts teachers.

Frightened, he looked up at his father. He will be punished, that's for sure. He was already picturing the worst punishments in his mind – banning Quidditch, cleaning cauldrons in the potions classroom, cleaning the Hogwarts boys' toilets...

"We were so worried about you!"

He suddenly found himself and Scorpius in Harry's warm embrace, knowing that everything was completely fine.