Pumpkin

Harry and Draco had brought little Scorpius to visit their friend Hagrid. As always, the visit lasted until the evening.

"We should leave; Scorpius should go to sleep now," Draco whispered to Harry.

Harry didn't really want to. Merlin knew when he would be able to meet Hagrid again, but he nodded.

"Scorp, where are you?" Harry called when his son was nowhere to be seen.

No one answered. Harry noticed the fear in Draco's eyes.

"Don't worry, he couldn't have gone anywhere. The door stayed closed."

"Where can he be? He was playing on the ground with the niffler the whole time, and I didn't even notice when he disappeared," Draco lamented. "We should have been more careful with him. If something happens to him, I will never forgive myself."

"Nothing can happen to him here," Hagrid reassured. "But I can't imagine where he could have gotten into."

The three of them searched, looking in every possible corner, but Scorpius was nowhere to be found. Draco was starting to get hysterical.

"Scorpius!" he shouted so loudly and desperately that it was ear-splitting and heart-breaking for Harry.

"Dad?"

The three of them turned to hear a small child's voice.

"Thank Merlin, honey." Draco ran to the boy and almost crushed him in a hug.

"Where have you been hiding?" Harry asked.

"Here." Scorpius pointed to a giant hollowed-out pumpkin where he could comfortably hide.

Hagrid went to take a good look at the pumpkin. "I definitely didn't carve that pumpkin," he marvelled.

Harry peered into the pumpkin and took out several gold coins and shiny trinkets, even some jewellery. "That niffler, Hagrid. He made a bed in it."

Draco examined the contents of the golden treasure from the pumpkin.

"This is the necklace you gave me when Scorpius was born," he said with emotion. "I thought I'd never find it again. I am so happy."