Outdoor event

The sixth-year students went on a field trip to the magical botanical garden with their herbology teacher, Neville Longbottom. Albus Potter liked herbology. He looked forward and enjoyed the teacher's explanation; that was quite unusual for him. Recently, his study habits started to change. He became a more responsible student. However, his best friend Scorpius had noticed one more change - Albus had been somewhat sad for the last few weeks, and Scorpius couldn't find the reason. He tried to be as nice to Albus as possible, often holding his hand or hugging him encouragingly, but that seemed to make it worse. He wanted to talk about it a few times, but Albus always brushed him off, and every time Scorpius was very sorry.

They were walking through the outdoor exhibition. Magical plants smelled everywhere, and the sky was cloudless. Albus looked at his friend. Scorpius tried to stay in the shade, he didn't like the sun being too bright, and neither did his fair skin - in the evening, he would be red-faced again. Albus just swallowed hard at the thought.

Neville gave an impassioned explanation of a few selected plants. One of them caught Albus's attention. "This plant is used as a cure for broken hearts. Just smell it, and it heals the pain caused by unrequited love," continued the professor.

Albus stopped paying attention to further explanation and scanned the bluish petals of the Contritos corde flower with a hazy gaze.

"Please do not pluck the plants," the ubiquitous signs read, and yet the young Potter's hand happened to pluck an entire bunch of the herb.

No one noticed, but Scorpius saw Albus's face contorted in pain.

"Al, is something wrong?"

Albus couldn't lie. His hand burned unbearably. He took it out and showed it to Scorpius.

"I somehow tripped over that plant," he said with tears in his eyes.

Scorpius looked at his hand in horror. Huge blisters broke out on Albus's hand.

"We have to tell the professor," Scorpius decided.

Albus would have preferred to sink into the ground. What if everyone finds out he ripped off the Contritos corde? Will they question him why he needed it? The fact that Scorpius could find out that Albus was in love with him was worse than any school punishment.

To be continued :-)