Swoon

Harry paced nervously outside St Mungo's room. Why couldn't he stay with his husband? Did everyone, including Draco, really think he couldn't manage? He felt pushed aside and unnecessary. Merlin's beard, it is his child, too!

He was incredibly worried about Draco. About both of them, actually. Whose idea was that anyway? Draco first brought it up when he saw Harry lovingly playing with Ron and Hermione's children. Back then, it was still meant as a joke. And then Draco procured the potion that made all of this possible. Harry was completely stunned. He shouldn't have let Draco do it. He should have drunk the damn potion himself.

Poor Draco is suffering somewhere, and Harry can't help him, all the healers tell him that he's just interfering with their work and causing panic.

It took an incredibly long time. Harry had the feeling that something like this was not even possible in the wizarding world.

"Come on, Daddy, you're having a baby boy," came the voice of the healer.

Harry heard something else – it sounded like a child's cry. He was completely overcome with emotion. He tried to stand up but felt dizzy and slumped back onto the bench in the hallway.

He felt someone helping him up and stroking his hair soothingly.

"Are they okay?" he murmured.

"Both are fine, you have a beautiful baby boy," replied the healer.

He was given some potion to drink and was finally able to stand up and stagger into the room.

Draco smiled tenderly and cradled the small human creature in his arms.

"This is Scorpius, our son," Draco whispered.

Harry sat on the bed just in case he wanted to pass out again.

"I love you both," he whispered.