Chapter 2

Daniella's Pov

I sat across from him, he had his leg crossed with cigar trapped in his lips and so much smoke seemed to form clouds around him.

"How much money do you need?" He asked, pulling the cigarette away from his lip without sparing a glance at my direction.

"Twenty-five thousand euros." I said, nervously. I think that made him pause and turned his head to my direction.

"Twenty-five thousand…" He responded, as if tasting the words in his mouth. "What do you need twenty-five thousand for?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows at me.

"To pay a debt my father owes." I said, not wishing to meet his gaze.

"Let me get this straight…you want to borrow to repay the one you borrowed. Let me guess, your father is a worthless drunk who had to borrow money to support his drunken life. I do get it, but why will he borrow such an amount for some useless reasons when he knows he can't pay back?" He said casually as if telling a story.

And he just insulted my father!

"Listen sir, you don't know what happened so don't you dare insult my father!" I retorted in anger before I could even realize I was talking.

He just stared at me wide eye which made me regret my words. I probably shouldn't have said that to someone I want to borrow money from.
Daniella you are so screwed now, you will be thrown out now!

"What do I get in return?" He asked, now putting on the most unfriendly frown I've never seen.

"I don't have anything to exchange for, but you can take my words for it when I say I'll work hard this coming harvest season to pay you back." I said, hoping he'd trust me.

I was confused when he started laughing really hard that I began to wonder if the cigarette had affected his brain.

"You are such a funny young woman. You walked into my house to ask a loan with no collaterals but just your words of trust?" He asked, his jaw tightened as he stopped smiling abruptly.

"I know it's hard and I would've given something in exchange if I had one, but I have nothing to offer sir. Just put your faith in me." I said, trying my hardest to convince him.

He put his hand on his face, frustration evident on  his forehead. "If you couldn't pay your previous debt, how will you be able to pay this one?"

"If you would be okay with it I can work in your house till all the debt is paid, I don't mind if it take years. Just help me out sir." I pleaded.

"Fine, I'll give you what you're asking for," he replied, wryly. "In return, I'll be needing something you can definitely give me."

I furrowed my brows in confusion."What could that be sir?"

"Marry me." He said, demandingly, making my eyes go wide.

🔹🔹🔹

"What?!" Helena yelled when I told her everything that happened to the place she directed me to.

"Shocking right? I was ten times shocked as you are. I mean, who ask for marriage in return of a loan?!" I said, pissed.

"Mr. Ruiz, the billionaire asked you to marry him. What did you say to it?!" Helena asked, looking all excited.

I stared at her like she's drunk.

"Are you being serious right now?"

"Of course I am. I can't believe a man of his status could be offering marriage to someone as low as us, so it's a very good thing. So did you accept?"