Chapter 4

Daniella's Pov

Now I'm standing in front of his study room, the man in black tuxedo as usual gave a light knock on the door before he opened it and motioned for me to go in which I did after giving him a small smile. Unlike my other visits, there is no sign of him here.

If he's not here, why was I brought here?

The door creaking open got my attention and I turn around to see who it was. it turns out to be him. He paused for a moment when his eyes landed on mine.

"Good afternoon, sir." I greeted with a small smile.

He walked in and closed the door behind him, completely ignoring me. He walked over to his desk and took a seat.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, opening his laptop and not sparing a glance at my direction.

"I came here to say thank you for saving me the other day." I said, feeling awakard.

"Is that all?" He asked like my words didn't mean much to him, his focus still on his laptop.

Hearing him say that makes me feel so stupid, I shouldn't have come here!

"Yes…I'll be on my way now." I said, turning to take my leave, not wanting to be in his presence for another minute.

"If you leave how am I going to get back the money I loaned you?" His voice came, making me stop.

Loan?

What's he talking about?

"I don't understand." I said, turning to face him.

"I cleared your debt that very day you were attacked, so how will I get my payment since you don't have any colleterals?" He asked, still focused on his laptop.

He cleared the debt?

Was that why Carlos hadn't come back even after probably hearing about father's return?

"I had no idea you cleared the debt, sir."

"Whether you know or you don't isn't of my concern, my concern is how my loan will be paid in full. So do you accept my offer?" He said, now turning his gaze to me.

Offer?

The one night offer? Does he think I will spend the night with him?

Never!

"I'm sorry sir, but I can't sleep with you…if there are other ways I can pay back I will…but I can't accept your one night offer.."

"I wasn't talking about that offer, I was referring to the marriage offer." He stated, getting me surprised.

"I thought you said that offer wasn't open any longer?" I asked, completely surprised on what must have changed his mind.

"You seem to enjoy returning my questions with questions. I don't have the patience, young lady." He said causally.

"It's not like that…"

"I have no taste in women of your type, let alone to have you for a night." He said, I swear I could sense the irritation in his voice.

What does he think of himself to say that I am unworthy?

"If I am clearly not your type, why would you want to make me your wife and have me suffocating you forever?" I blurted out, clearly showing him how upset his words made me.