Chapter 6

Daniella's Pov

I gazed around the entire hall of my wedding reception, admiring the beautiful decorations. I can't believe I'm married now. Few moments ago I was at the alter with Mr. Ruiz, as we said our vows, as his cold eyes pierced into mine I wish all this could just be a dream but unfortunately for me it wasn't. I am now married, not just to a billionaire but a cold hearted one at that.

This marriage will forever be my worst regrets, that I am sure of.

This beautiful decorated hall is filled of people, wealthy ones at that. I don't even know any of them because they are all guests of Mr. Ruiz, speaking of him. He practically left me at a corner and went into the crowd to greet his guests without his wife, what groom just does that?

I am grateful I got changed into a white sleeveless fitted gown for the reception, if not I'll be looking like some abandoned bride left at a corner.

Who am I kidding?! I am surely an abandoned bride left at a corner!

"May I have your attention ladies and gentlemen." Someone spoke from the stage mic while hitting a spoon on his wine glass to get our attention.

Looking at him from where I stood, I recognized him as that man who always dressed in a black tux each time I visit Mr. Ruiz. I got to hear from Helena that he is a butler, and also Mr. Ruiz's right hand man.

"Now that I have all your attention. I would like to use this opportunity to thank you all for honoring this invitation at such short notice, it means a lot. Today is all about the newlyweds and if they don't mind, they should do us the honor of gracing the dance floor." He said and everyone started clapping.

Dancing?

I am glad Helena showed me a bit of some dance steps, but I won't say I was paying much attention to her teachings though. Suddenly, the hall went dark and then this single bright light shone only on me. Then I sighted Mr. Ruiz coming towards me. Standing just two inches away from me with his height slightly towering over me and his cold eyes piercing into mine, he grabbed my hand quite gently and sneaked his other hand to my waist and he suddenly pulled me to him, closing the remaining space between us.

I don't know how he felt pulling me like that to himself, but my heart started racing so much with all his scent filling my nostrils. I gathered my thoughts together. I placed my other free hand on his shoulder just like Helena taught me, and we started swaying gracefully to the music playing in the background.

I couldn't look up to face him because I am busy trying to watch my steps so I won't end up embrassing myself in front of everyone.

"You don't look down while dancing, Mrs. Ruiz." His voice came, snapping me out of my thoughts.

He's right, Helena informed me about that too. I tried looking up to meet his gaze and suddenly I stepped on what seemed to be his shoe and he stifled a groan.

Oh dear!

"Sorry." I whispered as we continue to sway.

I tried focusing on our steps and looking up at him but it didn't work, I just ended up stepping on his shoes every now and then. And he continued to stifle his groans as we continued to dance. Why is he enduring my mistakes? A man as arrogant as he is won't even think twice about snapping at me.

"Place your toes on mine, in that way you can dance without stepping on me." He said coldly which kind of surprised me.

He wants to help me instead?!