Chapter 3

Daniella's Pov

"Do you accept this offer?"

"I rather die alongside my father than sell my body to you!" I spat out in anger.

I got up and made my way out of his office, slamming the door shut behind me. He's such a bastard!

🔹🔹🔹

"Are you sure he really said that?" Helena asked after I had told her what Mr. Ruiz had said.

"Yes he did."

"He didn't seem to be that kind of man according to what I heard." Helena said, lost in thoughts.

"People of his status appears to be noble men for their reputation sake, but when they are in doors they are wolves." I spat out in pure irritation.

"What will you do now? How are you going to raise twenty-five thousand in such a short period of time?" Helena asked, concerned.

That's where my problem lies, how am I going to raise such a huge amount of money in just one week?! To be honest, Mr. Ruiz was my only hope, now I am lost on what to do now or who to run to now.

🔹🔹🔹

It's been a week now and no sign of Carlos or his men, maybe they have information that my father's still in the hospital, probably they are waiting for his arrival which terrifies me. I am not able to raise up half of the money and this failure of mine is making me consider taking mr. Ruiz's offer.

After clearing the dishes I came back from the hospital with, I quickly made some broth for my father. The doctors say he should eat healthy if he wishes to recover quickly, after I was done I made sure it's well packaged in his food flask before placing it in the food basket.

After being done with that, I made my way to my room to freshen up but I came to a terrifying halt when my eyes landed on Carlos sitting in the centre of the sitting room with his men behind him. Fear gripped me, I can't run even if I wanted to. Recalling what he said he would do me terrifies me even more!

"So your father's still hospitalized?" Carlos voice came, startling me.

I just nodded to it, not wanting to meet his gaze.

"So I won't be able to get my money today?" He asked.

"Please…if you…you could spare us some more time, I…"

"Bullshit!" He roared and the next thing I heard was a gunshot.

I screamed while covering my ears in fear, I don't know where he had shot that but am very sure he didn't shoot me as I don't feel any pain.

"Bring her her." I heard him.

I heard heavy footsteps and the next thing my arms were hijacked by strong hands, those hands pulled me up to my feet and dragged me in front of Carlos before the let my arms go. Being on my knees in front of him, I couldn't dare to meet his gaze and I'm so terrified to death on what he plans on doing to me.

"Listen here, I have pardoned your father for far too long and I'm done now. Allow me to use you to teach him how not to deal with someone like me." He said, very close to my ear.

The next thing I knew, he grabbed my arms making me look up at him.

"I'll have you right here and now, then after am done my men will take turns. That's the price your father will have to pay for not being able to pay his debt." He said, making my eyes go wide.