Chapter 7

Daniella's Pov

Turning here and there in this soft bed underneath me it hits me - my bed isn't as soft as this. I slowly opened my eyes to see where I was. Searching the surroundings, it dawned on me that I wasn't in my room. I am in my husband's house and in my husband bedroom.

Would I ever get use to this?

I sighed.

Sitting up, I let my eyes wander to the couch he slept in yesterday and it was empty. I wondered if he left early or he was in the bathroom? Curious I came down from the bed and quietly made my way to the bathroom door.

"Hello?" I knocked lightly on the door. "Mr. Ruiz are you in there?" I asked, but I didn't get any response.

Maybe he's not in there and the shower doesn't seem to be running either. He must have left early. What kind of man leaves very early? Maybe he had some business meeting or more important stuffs to handle. Did he even have breakfast?

I should've made him some breakfast as it's my first day as his wife.

Does this show am a terrible wife?

No I don't think so, he's the one that had to wake up so early. Who even leaves for work after having a wedding last night?

Before I could gather my thoughts together, the bathroom door suddenly swung open. Frightened, I lost my balance. I was falling to the floor when a firm hand held on to my wrist.

A little shaken, I turned my head a bit to see who it was. My eyes felt like popping out when they met Mr. Ruiz's cold ones.

I thought he had gone out early, and if he was inside the bathroom why didn't he respond to my knocks on the door?

I don't know what happened, but the next thing he pulled me by my wrist into his arms and extremely amazing muscular bare chest. Looking up to those cold eyes of his sent strange tingles down my body. My hands on his wet bare chest was making my heart race like hell. Another inch closer and the tip of my nose could actually touch his chin if he wasn't taller. This position is an uncomfortable one.

Looking into the grey of his eyes I tried unmasking some emotions behind them but unfortunately I couldn't. He masked it well enough, he's a strange man.

"Were you trying to take a peek at me naked?" His voice came, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Huh?" I blurted out, surprised at his question with his eyes boring into mine.

"Mrs. Daniella Ruiz, were you trying to see your husband's nakedness while he was busy have a shower?" He asked again, making my eyes go wide.

"What?!" I half yelled, pulling out his arms. "I wasn't doing any of that." I tried defending myself while putting a distance between us.

"If you weren't, why were you standing at the door?" He asked, his cold eyes never leaving mine as he took a step closer to me.

"No I wasn't, It's absolutely not what you think." I said, trying to create distance between us because this accusations is quite an uncomfortable situation.

"It does seem like what I'm thinking with the way you're so nervous." He said, taking two more steps closer without breaking eye contact.

"It's not what you think, I was just…" I tried explaining when my legs met with something that almost tripped me to the ground if he hadn't caught my wrist. Again.

How clumsy am I?

He suddenly pulled me toward him. For that moment my entire body went stiff when he brought his face so close to mine that I could feel his breathe on my face.