Chapter 14

Daniella's Pov

His face is so close to mine that our noses could almost touch, I could feel his breathe lightly over my face. My heart thumped in unsteady rhythm in my chest, I swear he could hear it. Staring into his eyes this close, I realize how beautiful they were, hypnotizing too. Maybe that's why I couldn't  look away.

I find my eyes parting ways with his and landing on his lips which were a bit far from mine.

What if he closes the distance and our lips touch?

That thought really made my heart thump even more faster. I could feel something in my stomach too. I have never experienced a situation like this.

What is this feeling I'm experiencing?

The door opening made him come off me, and brought me back to reality. I looked up to see who came in, I felt so embarrassed to see it was Juan. I know I am not meant to be embarrassed because whatever we were doing, it's not wrong as we are couples.

Wait!

What am I even talking about? Whatever we were doing? We weren't even doing anything…what's wrong with me?

“Pardon me, sir." Juan apologized, making me feel worse than I already was.

Why is he apologizing like he caught us in a situation he shouldn't see? But he did though…wait! What?! No he didn't! Jeez! I have to get out of here because it looks like I'm losing my mind here.

"I'll be leaving now…try to rest." I managed to say before standing up to leave, but I stopped when someone held on to my arm.

I turned to see it was Javier. Suddenly, I couldn't help but feel those sensation wash all over me again. What is he doing? Why doesn't he want to let me go?

"Do you think I will let you go with my phone? Now hand it over." He said, opening his hand for me to place his phone in it.

I scoffed.

This man can really be so annoying.

"No." I said and pulled my hand from his wrist.

"You have no right to restrict me from my phone." He stated.

"I have all the rights because I am your wife, and working without recovering isn't good for your health. So until you recover, no work for you." I retorted. I hear him scoff as I turn and walk up to Juan. I hand the phone to Juan whose brows furrowed in confusion.

"I am handing this phone to you. Do not release any of his gadgets or work related stuffs to him until he is fit to go back into office. It's not a request, Juan, it's an order." I said, already feeling horrible for ordering Juan. I really didn't mean it that way.

I'll apologize later on.

"Yes ma'am." Juan replied.

"You can't order my butler to restrict me from anything, he works for me and I pay him. He does only what I tell him to do, woman." He stated, irritation evident in his tone.

"Do not worry ma'am, I'll make sure he stays clear from work related matters till he is fully well. You have my word for it." Juan said with a small smile which I returned.

"Thank you." I said and turned to face Javier who has a surprised look plastered all over his face. "See you later, Mr. Ruiz." I said and made my way out of the room.

I do enjoy the look I saw on his face just now. Annoying husband… husband?! Okay, that came out wrong.

🔹🔹🔹