Chapter 18

Daniella's Pov

I find myself waking up to the knock on my door, I groaned as I sat up. I looked at the wall clock.

7am.

It feels like it's been a short night.

The knock on the door came again, snapping me out of my thoughts. I came down from the bed and made my way to the door. I opened it to see it was Penelope.

“Good morning Penelope.” I greeted with a small smile.

“It's time to wish Natalia, come on.” Penelope gestured in excitement.

I almost forgot about that!

“Oh dear, Give me a sec.” I said and made my way to my bed.

I grabbed my gown robe and made my way out to where Penelope was waiting for me outside. I almost came to a halt when I saw Javier standing right in front of Natalia's door with the cake we made last night.

Thinking about last night made me recall our moment from last night and it brought some weird tingles. He signalled Penelope and I to come over already which we did. Reaching to where he stood was only when I found Juan standing there too, looking all professional as always with his hands tucked away behind his back.

“Ready?” Javier asked us, looking so excited.

I have never seen this excited side of him before.

Juan gently opened the door and we all walked in, Javier gestured that we be quiet. He slowly tiptoed to Natalia’s bed where she's still sound asleep, bent over and gave her a kiss on her forehead. As if on cue, she opened her eyes almost immediately.

Javier started singing to her a birthday song and the rest of us followed suit. I could see how happy Natalia looked as she grinned ear to ear.

“Now make a wish, my love.” Javier said, presenting the cake with a lit candle on top.

Natalia closed her eyes for a moment before she reopened them and blew out the light, we all clapped and cheered.

“I love you daddy!” She said before hugging Javier.

It's such a beautiful father and daughter moment.

“Come over here, momma.” Natalia said, waving for me to come over.

I felt stiffened for a moment. She wants me to join this father and daughter moment? I should decline because Javier won't like it. Not to mention what staying close to him does to me.

“Go on, dear,” Penelope urged, getting me out of my thoughts.

“No… it's..”

“What are you waiting for, momma? C'mon now.” Natalia said with her adorable puppy eyes. How could I refuse?

I dragged myself towards them and she immediately pulled me into a group hug with Javier. Almost immediately, I felt really awakard. But nice, still.

“I love you both.” Natalia said.

I felt my heart melt at her words.

“I love you too,” Javier and I coincidentally chorused.

I placed my hand on her small back and at the same time, Javier placed his on top of mine. I felt my body freeze, I turned my head to see him glimpse at me with a rather warm smile.

Something in my stomach seems to be dancing, weird right?

I immediately pulled my hand away and pulled away from Natalia’s hug.