Peace? What's that?

Nitara's POV-

The sky is so tragically beautiful. It reminds you that it's okay to feel blue. It's okay to let go.

Even though that's all easy to say and think of, it's not easy to do. Letting go, escaping the truth you once belonged to does not only take courage but so much more than that.

When it rains is when I feel relief. Ma always loved the rain. It reminds me of her. It took me a long time to not feel sad every time it rained but to think of the happy moments I had with her.

It's currently raining and I'm sitting on the balcony. The smell of wet soil blows with the wind touching my face, making me feel fresh.

I open my book and take a sip of my hot coffee.
The perfect combo
Rain
Coffee
And a book.

Books are my lifeline. I don't think I could survive without them. I love getting lost in the feeling of drifting into some other world where stupid things don't matter.

"Nitara, niche ao, turant" a voice interrupts me and I try my best to control my urge to scream. The voice belongs to my beloved dadi ji. Mrs. Jyoti prasad Singhania .

("Nitara, come downstairs, right now")

I rush down the stairs almost tripping but balance myself.
"Yes?"

"You lied to me?" She said in an accusing voice.

"What? I don't know what you're talking about..." I really don't know what she's talking about.

"Zada mat bano! You know very well what I'm talking about"

(Don't act over smart!)

I look at her confused, waiting for her to finish, maybe tell me what I did. I take a moment and think if there is something I did lie about but nothing comes to my mind.

"What's wrong?" my father walks into the living room.

"Dekhiye apni rani sahiba ko. Jhoot bhi bolne lagi hai ab to ye"

(Look at your spoiled daughter. She's started lying too now")

"What happened" my father looks at me, again i have absolutely no idea what in the world is going on here. I shake my head saying "I don't know"

"Isne bola tha aj wo adity se milne ja rhi hai pata nhi kaha gulshare uda kar aa rahi hai madam. Meenu ne mujhe bataya ye kisi ladke ke sath ghum rhi thi"

(She said she's going to meet adity today but god knows what all she's done. Meenu told me she saw her with a guy today)

"What are you talking about? I was with adity today. You can call her and ask. As for your friend, maybe she saw someone else" I tried to explain. I don't fucking know what she's talking about and I don't want to be a part of this rumour train.

"Haye ab wo jhoot bolegi. Bhagwan ek to aise harkate karo upar se bol do meine kuch nhi kiya. Jaise ma waisi beti-"

(Oh, will she lie now. god, first you do all these things and then just say I don't know. Like mother like daughter-)

"MA." 

There are very few instances I've heard dad raise his voice on dadi and most of them are when she says stuff like this. Stuff about my mother.

"Don't say things like that, if she's saying she did nothing I trust her. Nitara go to your room,"

Tears had already  flooded my eyes and escaped as I blinked. I gave a quick nod and went back into my room. I could hear them talk about something related to me but I did not have the energy to listen to any of it. I opened my drawer and took out a box. It was a small antique box, A box of my mothers things. I looked at her picture and I just couldn't hold it in anymore. I cried.

The tears just kept flowing like I couldn't stop them. It hurt so much. Everything did. The fact that she wasn't here is what hurt the most.

There was a knock on my door and I knew it was dad. I got up, washed my face and opened the door. He pulled me into a hug.

"I'm so sorry" he said "so jao, we'll talk tomorrow"

(Sleep, we'll talk tomorrow)

✮✮✮✮✮✮✮

A/n- sooo here is the first chapter! I can't believe I'm writing thissss

Anyways...how was the chapter??? I know it was very short but it's just a glimpse it'll get better. I promise.

I hope this chapter was good enough for you to want to continue.
(Please continue)

And also please vote, it gives motivation to continue writing

You can follow me on Instagram for teasers and more information-

https://instagram.com/booksoverppl_author?igshid=OGQ5ZDc2ODk2ZA==

Until next time,
Bye ppl<3