Unveiling Destiny's Canvas

Ishaan's POV-

Life, if you think, isn't always as it seems. Roses aren't always red, violets aren't exactly blue, smiles aren't always happy and sometimes you aren't always honest with yourself too. We do whatever we can to make things work, we adjust because that's what we are taught. 'Keep calm and be happy'

Painting calms me. Even though I don't usually have enough time to paint, I do whenever I can. With every brush stroke I forget about the world around me and focus on what's in front of me. Life is like a blank canvas is what I've realized in the past years, all the paints and brush strokes is what makes you a unique person.

I disconnected from the meeting with Anand Company, they are offering a project worth 20 million to us but something feels wrong, not right. Dad always says that the first rule of business is trusting your gut feeling. It's not like I have a lot of experience yet but I'm learning. It's exactly been 10 months since I've been working at sanjh. My dad is going to 'retire' soon making me the CEO. I have to be prepared for the responsibilities and understanding how shit works around here and I have almost 5-6 months to do that.

No pressure at all, just a billion dollar company that I'll be responsible for.

It's not like I'm not good at this. I am, but the amount of pressure I feel myself under is killing me.

I'm brought back from my thoughts with the sound of my phone ringing. It's Ma. I never ignore a call from my family no matter where I am either I answer or text them if I'm busy.

"Hello?" She says,
"Haan, ma. KYA hua?"
(Yes ma, what happened?)

"Ishaan, aj ghar jaldi aana beta kuch important baat hai"
(Ishaan, come home a little early today, there something important we need to talk about")

A wave of panic rushed through my body.
"What's wrong? Everything's okay? Dadu theek hai na?"
(Dudu is alright?)

"Everything's fine. Just come home a little early" that's all she says and cuts the call. I text kabir asking him what's wrong. He replies with a simple
'You're so gone, all the best bhai, I tried my best'

When kabir wasn't born, dadu used to say that I needed a younger brother or sister to keep me company. That wasn't true. The whole purpose of him being born was to make my life a living hell.

All a plan with my parents being the fucking mastermind.

I pack up everything a little earlier than usual and tell my assistant to cancel all my meetings for the rest of the day. I'm curious to know what was so important that it couldn't be discussed over the phone.

◈◈◈◈◈◈

"No." I said "just no"
"But beta," Papa said, trying to calm me down.
(But son,)

"I've already given my word to Singhania, it was his only wish from me" dadu explained "you're almost 24 yourself, there won't be any further discussion on this topic. You are going to marry Nitara and that's final." Saying this he got up and went into his room like he didn't just fucking order me to marry someone.

"I'm not marrying nitara. Does she want this? Did anyone bother to ask her?"
"Nothing can be done now, Ishaan, ye tumhe bhi pata hai." chachu patted my shoulder in sympathy. What the fuck is happening.

(You also know this)

"Bhai meine bhi baat kari but then I thought you wouldn't really mind" kabir looked at me.
(I tried to talk to him too)
"Omg bhai, I love nitara didi, she's so cool" Priya sat beside me, resting her head on my shoulder, all dreamy.