Whispered wishes

Ishaan's POV

The sun when sets turns the sky the shades of the prettiest colors. Pink, red or orange.

The colors symbolize that even the end of something can be this beautiful.

People love the sunset. Mainly because it's pretty.
I love the sunset because it's beautiful.

I used to believe that the sunset is the most beautiful thing to ever be witnessed by me. That was of-course not true.

Because then I saw Nitara.

She looks just like a dream.

Her captivating presence turns my world into an endless cascade of admiration and gentle fascination.

She's always had this effect on me that I loved to deny but deep down knew was true.

She is prettier than a sunset but unlike the sunset's transient beauty, hers is an everlasting radiance that paints my world with a constant, breathtaking allure, making each moment with her a timeless, enchanting masterpiece.

"I should go.." she said, getting back on her feet and regaining her balance.
"Where?"
"Help... aunty.. maybe" she said, abruptly turning around , leaving me alone.

I would be lying if I said I didn't know something like this would happen but I would also be lying if I said I knew.

I could never have guessed that someone would actually do this for me. My imagination ended at the thought of my family maybe bringing me a cake and maybe switching on the already put up lights. But this. This was unexpected.

"Kya kar rhe ho?" Priya tapped on my shoulder
"Kuch nhi"
"You liked it?"
"A lot. I loved it"
"Bhabhi did it all. She's the one who thought of it. She was really nervous too" Priya said

"Nervous? Kyu?"
"She thought you wouldn't like it" she replied
"Shut up"

Really?
Really??

"Priya, Ishaan! Idhar ao" chachi called us and I snapped out of my thoughts.

Maybe this is all a dream.

"We should go" Priya pulled my arm. "Pictures bhi leni hai, I'll call Kabir bhaiya, Adity didi and bhabhi, you go"

I took time to absorb what was around me. The place was decorated perfectly with balloons and those pretty flower things kept on the tables. The garden was also flooded with people.

Okay maybe not flooded but there were too many of them but the good thing was I knew all of them.

"So how was the surprise?" Dad asked
"Wonderful. Perfect"
"Meine bola tha pasand ayga" chachu said

Everyone sat around the round table. Raj uncle and dadi had also just joined them all.

"Happy Birthday Ishaan" Raj uncle said, with a smile on his face.
"Thankyou uncle" I went over to touch his feet.
"Khush raho"

As much as I wanted to ignore the 'bitch' dadi I couldn't.

I truly lost all the respect I had for that woman that night. She truly really is a bitch. There is no denying that fact.

"To kaisa laga surprise tumhe" uncle asked
"Epic uncle ekdum"
"Hamari Nitara beti to jo sab karti hai epic he karti hai" dadu said

Also a fact.

✮✮✮✮✮✮✮

After minutes of engaging in worthless conversations with everyone. I find myself staring at Tara again. Not that I was not while talking to people too but now I don't even have to pretend I'm paying attention to any shit they were saying.