Exhausting

Nitara's POV-

I woke up in the middle of the night. Again. I feel so suffocated. So stifled. Like the air around me is thick and I can't breathe.

I can't breathe. I can't breathe.

Getting up, I try to calm myself down a bit. I look for the water bottle on my nightstand but it isn't there. I look around to find absolutely nothing. leaving my room going into the kitchen, the clock's ticking echoes. It's almost 2.

As I'm walking down the stairs, I hear dad and dadi in the living room.

Why are they still up?

No one knows about my nightmares. How my nights are drenched in talks with myself about how life could've been but isn't. How I still regret things I could've done absolutely nothing about.

It's your fault.

"Meine to bola he tha, 23 saal ki ho gyi wo '' I hear dadi saying and take a step back to make sure I'm not visible to them.

(I told you, she's 23 years old already)

"Ma, but usse puchh na to padega na, baba ne jo kara or socha tha uske oppose mein hum nahi ja sakte but-"

(Ma, but we have to ask her first. What father thought and did, we can't go in oppose of that but-")

"Puchhna KYA hai? No need. Tum kal he Malhotra's se baat karoge. I'm sure they want the same for their son"

"bus keh diya na" she said, leaving the room, I on the other hand ran back to my room, minding my steps and making sure I didn't make a single noise. Jyoti Prasad was a person who loved drama, she could be casted in a serial, playing the role of a character like komolika. She would also probably do it for free because there really would be no acting for her. But I have had enough drama for one day.

(I said what I said)

Dada ji, late R L Sharma, was a kind man and my favorite. He would pamper me with love, gifts and chocolates when I was young. He said and I quote-

"tumhare bhavishy ki chinta tu mujhe abhi se hai. Mein wada karta hu ki mein tumhe kabhi dhukhi nhi hone dunga. It won't work if meri pyaari si pooti ke chehre pe muskurahat na ho"

(I worry about your future already, but I promise you I'll never let you be sad. It won't work if there isn't a smile on the face of my cute little granddaughter)

Well little did he know.

Vikas Malhotra was Dadu's best friend. They were so close, almost like real brothers. The Malhotra's used to visit a lot before dadu's death but since that We only see them on very rare occasions, like Diwali parties, Holi, or dadu's birthday which we still celebrate.

It was like after his death everything went downhill like he was the only one holding everyone together making sure no one acted insane, even though they really were.

I picked my phone up and called Adity without thinking once what the time was.

"Hello?" She answered after the third ring and her voice made it very clear that she was sleeping
"I'm sorry I woke you up, I can't sleep" I said
"Chalta hai dude. KYA hua?"

(It's okay dude. What happened?)

Adity Bhatia was my best friend since I was in the second grade, she's a year younger than me. She was there with me through hard times and she truly was the only close person I could tell anything to. She was also the person I could call at any time of the night not once worrying about what she would think. I told her what happened today and she listened to me rant about it all.

Sometimes all you need is a person you can talk to about anything and everything without feeling judged. Someone with whom you don't feel guilty being you.

"What the fuck? The fuck is wrong with her? Like the audacity"

"I know right"
"How could she blame you?"
"I don't know"

"You know what? Move in with me. Better let's run away" she said and that made me smile.

"Run away? Well, I can arrange the money but what about my father?"

"True true, we'll take uncle with us" she said after giving it a deep thought, like she was being for real.

"You know what you should sleep Adity, you really need to"

"Noooo, I'm serious and you kno-"
"We'll talk about this tomorrow. Okay?" I said and hung up after I heard a little "hmm"

I get into bed and this time I really try to sleep. They say that if you sleep with happy thoughts in your head, you won't have any problem sleeping but my stupid brain has this habit of overthinking every single thing which makes it hard to sleep with those so called happy thoughts. They also say that mediation helps but it does absolutely nothing well then again who the fuck cares what they say? Who even are they?

My brain is soon flooded with million questions that I didn't know the answers to. What were they talking about? What is so important that papa needs to talk to the Malhotra's? Why were they so serious? Will I ever be able to live without the constant fear of my fears taking over me? What is wrong with me?

I take a deep breath, finally close my eyes, pushing those thoughts away as far as I could and I sleep.

✮✮✮✮✮✮✮

A/n- this chapter is more of a filler one and I will be posting another today or tomorrow, do tell me if you like it also do vote,

You can also follow me on Instagram

User- booksoverppl___

https://instagram.com/booksoverppl___?igshid=OGQ5ZDc2ODk2ZA%3D%3D&utm_source=qr

Until next time,
Bye ppl<3