Echos of elation

Nitara's POV

I think I'm losing my mind. Or maybe I've lost it.

Sometimes as I watch the sunset I want to set with it. Just go away. I don't think anyone would notice. As the sun rises it brings hope and shit, maybe there'll be some hope for me too.

My sagai is saturday. This saturday. My sagai.

I asked dad if any of our relatives were coming he said they are not, it's just a normal simple function, close family only.

We are out shopping right now. Me, Adity and papa.
I should probably pay attention to the person showing the lehengas.

"This one. For sure" Adity points to the pink
lahenga
"Nhi it's too...pink" papa looked at it.
"Nhi uncle it's not that pink it's subtle pink"

I think they are more interested in my sagai details than I am. I should be shouldn't I? Be more interested that is.
If this is happening I should at least enjoy it.

"It's pretty but that one's prettier" I point at the lavender lagenge, trying my best to be a part of this conversation. It was actually really pretty. Lavender lehenga laced with pearls and stones, giving it a royal look. It was simple yet fancy at the same time. It was elegant.
"Agreed" Adity leapt forward and picked the lahenga up
"Achha hai" papa quietly said.

Well then this is final. What's next?

"Adity tum Kya pehen rhi ho?" Papa asked Adity
"Dekhti hu uncle kuch na kuch to mil hi jayega" she said.

Papa considered Adity as his second child. He saw us both grow up so that makes sense. She's been a part of the family ever since we were friends. It's cute how close they are. Adity and her father have had problems in the past, Well not really in the past.

"Le lo kuch tum bhi"
"Nhi uncle it's okay I'll find something Abhi ye le lete hai we have so much more to do" she got up and told the person in charge to pack it up.

We shopped for like another hour or two. I was fucking tired. Mentally more than physically.

I'll pick you up at 8?

The text popped up on my Home Screen.

FUCK. I've gotta leave soon.

I was supposed to meet Ishaan at Ethan garden but the plan unfortunately changed considering my over hyper dadi who's shit scared of the fact that I can live and have fun.

I looked at the time and it was 5:30, I still had time to get some rest and get ready. I told Adity to hurry up and she did her best.

I have a confession to make. I am actually excited for this. Every part of me if telling me to shut the fuck up but I'm still excited for this date.
✮✮✮✮✮✮✮
Let's just say Adity's best wasn't fast. We bought everything and left by 6:30

"Itni kitni jaldi ho rhi hai Nitara. Gadi hai helicopter nhi" papa said

Okay maybe I was panicking a little. Just a little. I want this to be perfect for some reason.

"Sorry" I said and sat back. Adity was sitting in the passenger seat, laughing.
"Aram se chalao uncle app to gadi, apki beti bhagwan jane itna overreact kyu karti hai"

I'm gonna kill her.

We reached home at 7 and I ran upstairs to my room. Thankfully I'd decided what I wanted to wear and it was all laid out on my bed.

I wore a black dress, a casual black dress perfectly accessorized. I did not know what we were going to do or what we were doing. Ishaan was not ready to tell me a thing. The safest option was to wear a dress that's not that fancy.