Ch 1: Sentient objects?

You were falling for quite a while, unsure where the portal was taking you. You had been screaming, but stopped once you ran out of breath. You could use your phone, but you didn't want to risk dropping it. Plus, you weren't sure if it would tell you the time while you were in the portal.

You could only hope that wherever you were going to end up wasn't dangerous. You closed your eyes for a bit, thinking about what will happen next. That's when you felt a difference withing the portal, as if you were near the end of the portal. You soon fell through the other side of the portal, which luckily wasn't too far from the ground.

Your body landed face-first against the ground, causing you to feel a jolt of pain. You groaned as you stood up from the ground. You noticed that you somehow managed to hold onto the flashlight. You turned it off and put it in your backpack.

You then look at your surroundings, feeling somewhat tense. The grass is green, the sky is light blue, and there are yellow trees. The atmosphere felt calm and inviting. But you couldn't let your guard down. You have no idea where you are.

You took out your phone, only to realize there was no service. Your phone got reset to its factory settings, leaving you with the default apps.

"You're kidding..." You groaned.

You went to look through your contacts. Sure enough, they were completely wiped.  You couldn't see anybody, which meant you were safe. You noticed that you were right next to a building. You decided to walk around the side of the building. When you did, you noticed a strange sight.

There was a book, a pie, and a cake. You noticed book and pie had arms and legs, but the cake only has legs. The cake and pie are playing a game of tic-tac-toe while the book watched. You couldn't take your eyes away from the sight.

"What are these things? They look like objects, but with limbs and faces..." You whispered to yourself.

You watched them play a few rounds since you had nothing better to do. As the cake and pie played, the cake looked up and stared at you.

"Hey, what is that thing?" The cake said, pointing a foot in your direction.

The book and pie seemed confused and turned to face where the cake pointed. The two objects gasped when they noticed you. You didn't know what to do, the objects were sentient and can talk, so you raised your hands in the air. You didn't want them to see you as a threat, or give any ideas that you'd attack them.

"I uh." You said, unable to think of anything.

"What are you?" The book asked as they walked up to you.

Then a lot more objects started to approach you. They varied from food to nature and even household objects. There were even two stick figures and a weird yellow drawing. The objects crowded around you, staring at you. You felt uncomfortable, but there wasn't much that you could do about it. So you decided to answer the book's question.

"Well... I'm a human." You answered, as you felt your body shake due to fear." My name is y/n."

"A human? Do you mean like David and Dora?" A saw asked.

You had no clue who David or Dora were. Nobody in the crowd looks like a human, the closest being the two stick figures.

"I don't know them, and I don't know what they look like." You answered.

The saw then pointed at the two stick figures. You noticed that one has hair while the other doesn't. So that's what they think humans look like?

"Those are humans. But you look completely different!" A golf ball said as they walked closer to you, along with a tennis ball.

"Well, y/n doesn't seem hostile. He was watching Cake and I play tic-tac-toe while Book watched." The pie said, walking in front of you.

"Yeah, that's true. I don't think we need to worry about y/n hurting us." The book said.

You felt less tense as the objects realized you weren't a threat. You sighed in relief as you lowered your arms, thankful that they didn't attack you.

Some of the objects walked away. Going back to whatever they were doing before. You took a deep breath as your mind relaxed a bit.

"Just do it Black hole!" A voice yelled from a distance.

Then, the floor started to shake as a violent wind blew out of nowhere. You looked up and noticed a black hole that was getting closer to the planet you were on. You and the objects started floating above the ground as the black hole grew closer. Everyone was screaming out of panic.

"Oh you've got to be joking!" You yelled.

You felt fear that you've never felt before in your entire life. To die to a Black Hole, was something that you'd ever have thought of happening at all. You closed your eyes as you waited for your inevitable death.