Ch 2: Team prefrence

It's been a minute since you've closed your eyes, yet nothing happened. You didn't understand why the black hole hadn't killed you yet.

You open your eyes, noticing that the black hole seemed to have disappeared. But you saw someone in the sky holding something in their hand. You didn't have a clue as to what was even happening.

You looked around, noticing the objects are floating as well. They also seemed confused at the situation. Then, everyone started to fall, including you.

You landed face first onto the ground, groaning in pain. You didn't fall that far since the black hole didn't lift you too far off the ground. You got off the ground and stood up.

You notice the objects are surrounding something. You decide to walk over to see what they are crowding around.

In the middle of the crowd, you notice an indigo four, along with a smaller yellow X next to it. Their limbs are thicker, and their eyes are different from the objects.

"So, are you going to leave now?" A taco asked the number.

"No." The four said.

"Well, can you at least-" The taco said before getting interrupted. 

"Let's play a game!" The four shouts.

"I love games!" A bracelet from the crowd shouted. "What's wrong?"

The rest of the objects didn't seem interested. They stared at the number with blank expressions.

"Don't you wanna battle to win a prize?" The number asked.

"But what IS the prize?" An eraser asked.

"A B.F.D.I." The blue number said, holding a square with strange images and writing.

When the number showed the prize, the objects showed interest and started talking. You have no idea why the objects were so interested in the BFDI.

"I love that prize!" The X said, only to get screeched by the four.

The x fainted after the four screeched at them. That freaked you out, and you felt tense again. You didn't want to get screeched, so you decided to be careful around the four from now on.

"Now make eight teams of eight!" The four said as the objects started to get into groups.

You sat on the ground, trying to understand what was happening. First, you fell through a portal into a world of sentient objects. Then, a black hole almost kills you, and now you're forced to be a contestant in a game.

Your thoughts got interrupted when you felt a light tug on your arm. You looked down and noticed the pie.

"Do you want to join our team?" The pie asked.

You looked up and noticed the black hole, a light switch, a glass bottle, a tree, and a pillow. You didn't want to join a team and not take part in the game. But you could tell that you wouldn't have a choice.

"Sure, I guess." You said, although with some hesitation.

You didn't want to be on a team with the black hole that almost killed you. But you didn't want to get picked last.

Shortly after, a remote joined the team. Then a pen joined, who was the last person chosen.

It seemed that the rest of the teams finished getting created. You then notice that your team has nine people while the rest have eight.

"Okay, this team needs a name." The pen said.

"Well, I don't have any ideas." The tree replied.

"Well, this team mostly formed to avoid causing death." The light switch said to the tree.

"Uh-huh. That's right, we're all about preventing death and creating trust." The bottle said.

Giant words in blue text then appeared in the air. They read, 'Death prevention and creating trust' that got shorted to Death PACT and was now in black text.

You didn't know why the team formed up until now. But you are happy that your team is about preventing death.

After a bit, the other teams came up with their team names. Now you were waiting for the four to announce what would happen next.

"So, I believe you eight teams are all set to go! Right?" The four asked everyone.

You heard some complaints from a different team. You looked around, but you couldn't tell which team was complaining.

"Yep, they're all set to go." The pillow said with a thumbs up.

"That's good." The four replied.